Chapter Ten: I'm Confused

(Allison P.O.V)

While driving home in silence, it was disrupted by my annoying mobile phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Why were you with him?" He asked me.

"Because you put him the hospital and I had to check on him." I said.

"No matter what I do, he always comes first." He said.

"That's not true Derek. Don't make me choose between you too." I said.

"I'll make sure I come first."

"What?! Derek?! What do you mean?!" I shouted over the phone asking him what does that mean but he did answer. The phone line just went dead. I didn't even know how to react. I didn't know what Derek was planning on doing. I wasn't scared but I wasn't calm either. I pressed on the gas and zoomed home.

As I parked the car, I noticed Derek's car was there. So, he didn't go anywhere. I walked into the house and to my surprise the house was cleaned. There was no broken glass or anything on the floor. It was as if nothing had ever happened. Derek was on the couch watching a movie. I sat down next to him and he didn't even look up.

"What did you mean by "I'm going to make sure I come first?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about it." He said to me still not even looking in my direction.

"I think I should worry about it. I don't want you to hurt him, again or anyone else either." I said.

"I swear all I hear from you is Jackson this and Jackson that. What about me?" He asked.

"Please, I'm not in the mood to argue with you." I said.

"You're never seeing him again without my permission."

"Oh, really..." I said. I was going to give him a witty comeback but the baby kicked. It wasn't a normally kick, it was an 'I'm ready to come into this world kind of kick.'

"What's wrong?" Derek said as he saw the way I held my stomach and the uneasy expression I had on my face.

"T-The baby is coming. Please, get me to the hospital now." I said breathing in and out heavily. This is too soon for the baby is it not?

(Derek P.O.V)

I rushed Allison to the hospital quickly as I could. We got to the hospital in twenty minutes time. I shouted for help and the doctors and nurses rush towards me and took Allison into a room. I called Allison's parents when I answered a few questions from one of the nurses.

After few hours later, I was in the waiting room with Scott, Stiles and Allison's parents. For some strange reason, we weren't allowed to see Allison, which just aggravated me more than I already was.

I began to pace up and down out of share boredom and annoyance. I stopped and looked at Scott staring me down like they were uneasy around me. I did see why but then I thought about it. Oh Jackson I thought.

"What is it?" I asked Scott and everyone looked at us.

He said calmly with a smirk on his face, "I'm just wondering how you're going to react when you find out, that child isn't yours." I just snapped when he said that. I walked over to him and picked him up by his shirt.

"You little piece of shit, it takes a lot for me not to punch you in your face right now. You and Jackson are the same wanting what you can have. You two make me sick. Why could you just leave town like I asked you too?" I said.

"Hey, I'm not the one you're supposed to take your aggression out on. I mean, Jackson is the one who cause this whole and partly Lydia too. I know you had it rough with her. She messed you like this sent you over the edge."

"Okay, that's enough you two. Derek let Scott go now." Mr Argent said as he held on to Derek's arm. I sat back down twiddling my thumbs and continued waiting.

"Are you guys here for Allison Argent-Hale?" A man in white scrubs asked us.

"Yeah." We all said in unison.

"You may see her now." We all got up at the same time but the receptionist stopped us.

"I'm sorry but, only two at a time." She said to us.

"Derek, You and Scott go and see how she's doing." Stiles said and everyone else agreeing. We both got up and walked quickly over to Allison's room. As we walked into her room, there was a nurse in there with her. She handed her a small child in a blue blanket and she left. Allison didn't notice our presence until I cleared my throat. She finally looked up and smiled at us and we both walked over to her bed side.

"So what's her name?" Scott asked.

"It's Lauren Hale. Derek, do you want to hold her?"

"Sure." I reached out my arms and cradled the little bundle of joy. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes. I didn't have blue eyes neither did Allison, but Jackson did. I already knew the child I was holding wasn't mine. Something in me just broke, I couldn't handle being in the same room with them. I handed Lauren back to Allison and just walked out of the room. I could hear Allison calling for me but I ignored it and continued to walk out the hospital.

(Allison P.O.V)

I called for Derek one last time but to no prevail. I didn't know what to feel at the moment, I was happy to have a child of my own but, this child broke Derek. I heard the door open and I thought Derek had heard me and came back but it was Jackson. He came walking slowly. He was walking like that because of Derek.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?!" I said in surprise.
"I heard you were in the hospital again and I came to see why." He said. I came closer to me. "To be honest I thought Derek had done something to you again. Hey, Scott I..."

"I uh... I'm going to go and give you some time alone because one ex-boyfriend is enough and that's not my child so yeah see ya." Scott said walking towards the door.

"Scott, you didn't have to go." I said when he was gone.

"You know she looks just like you." I heard Jackson mumble. I turned to him and he sat beside me on the bed.

"But she looks more like you though. I think Derek figured it out. That's why... Listen, I'm not even sure how this will work between you and I." I said.

"So, us being a couple in the near future are not happening then?" He said.

"I'm not leaving Derek and that's final Jackson. I love him." I said.

"But you still love me don't you? We can make it work together. We can move away from here and live somewhere else with little..." He said.

"Lauren." I said. He looked at me.

"Yeah, with little Lauren." He smiled at me and Lauren. "Allison, I can make treat you better than how Derek is treating you. Be mine again and I promise you I won't screw it up again." Jackson and I continued to talk about the baby and other things. My parents finally came in and told me how beautiful Lauren looked and what not. I was enjoying the praise and love from everyone but Derek wasn't here. I was still in shock that the baby wasn't his but Jackson's. I knew Jackson was excited and pretty hype since he knew this baby would be the only reason he would forever be in my life.

After a while everyone left and it was just my mother and I.

"So, how did Derek take the news?" She asked as she held Lauren.

"Terrible. He just looked at Lauren and knew it wasn't his child and left. I have no clue where he is and I am worried about him. What he might do to Jackson? I don't know what to expect from him this time. I don't know to think Derek said that he was going to make sure that he came first and now Jackson is telling me to break up with Derek and be with him. What should I do mum? Should I listen to my heart or my head? Should I break up with Derek and be with Jackson and raise Lauren with him or take Lauren with me and ditch them both."

"You guys can work through this together. If Derek accepted the fact that there was a chance that this baby wasn't going to be his, then he can deal with having to help raise another man's child. He will have to love Lauren, as if he was his own." She said to me calmly.

"Oh god, I didn't want any of this to happen mum. I don't want Derek to go back to the way he was because he has to see Jackson's flesh and blood every day." I said.

She said, "Talk to Derek about this when you get out this weekend. That's all I can honestly say." She placed Lauren back in her mini bed the nurses had set up for her.

"I will see you tomorrow, Allison." She said as she placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah, see you later." I said waving goodbye as she left. I sighed. It was finally quiet. I could think a little clearer now. I had one question on my mind. How is Derek handling this?

(Derek P.O.V)

I was on the living room couch drinking Whiskey straight from the bottle. I hated myself so much at the moment. Allison would probably leave me for Jackson and they would live happily ever after. Everything was my fault. I practically drove Allison to Jackson. I played into Jackson hands and he got the one thing I ever wanted a child from Allison.

I surprised she didn't give her Jackson's last name. Allison probably felt bad for me and what not. I guess Jackson would make a better husband, father, and lover. I felt even more pathetic for comparing myself to Jackson. He was competition for me after all.

Ever since high school, he got everything I always wanted. I was lucky when I managed to get Allison to date me while Jackson was jealous. I was even luckier when I got her to marry me. I wasn't even sure if what I was thinking was really me or the whiskey talking. I guess this was god punishing me for all the terrible things I did to Allison for all these years. All I knew for sure was that, Lauren wasn't my daughter.