Chapter Twenty - Three: The Day Before The Wedding Part 1

(Derek P.O.V)

I walked into the kitchen where preparations are going on for the wedding Allison and I are having today. "That looks really tasty." I said. The chef turned around and smiled.

"Well, your father said you deserved the best wedding and what would your wedding be like if the food was subpar. Surely it would disaster right. It would be the talk of the neighbour." The chef said. "Would you like to try some soup. It not for the wedding but I made it for you special Mister Hale."

"Okay." I said.

"Take a seat." The chef said pointing to the tables and chairs. "Tomorrow is a big day for you. I could see it now you and Allison sharing a wonderful life together having children building a home." The chef brings the soup and places it on the table with a spoon.

"Yes that would be nice. It's lonely inside this house. Living alone sucks. What's the point of having it all if there's no one to share or care for?" I ask him.

"You want me to answer." The chef asked. "I don't know Mr Hale. I mean you still have family around you." The chef looks up at the ceiling. "It's not a total lost. Look at me I've never been married or had a girlfriend who I trusted in a while now. I'm glad you found someone who will make you happy."

I took up the spoon and I sipped the soup slowly. "Hmmm. This is tasty. It's hot too. Chill in fact." I said looking at him.

"I should hope so. I know how you like your soup Mister Hale." The chef said.

"Please Alfred call me Derek. Mr Hale is what you called my father." I said. "It's been years no since I saw him."

"Okay sir. I'll do as you wish Derek." Alfred said. "Would you like anything else Derek some wine or champagne?"

"No, I'm good. I want to fit in my wedding suit and remember tomorrow. Plus, I still have a lot to take care of before then too. The soup will keep me going until then. Thank you Alfred."

*knock knock*

I look over at the door.

"Hello! Am I interrupting something?" Allison asked.

"No, we're having our lunch break." Alfred said looking at her.

"I was over Stiles house and I brought the mail. It's a couple of replies to our invitations." She said walking towards me. Alfred looked at me then continued with the preparations.

"Hmmm good let's see." I swiped my mouth and got up out the chair.

"Look! We're a really popular couple." She said with a smile. "From Peter and some others! I'm so excited about tomorrow." I took the invites from her and opened them.

"Yep. There's no going back. I've got a best man now." I looked at Alfred.

"Don't worry Derek. I can take care of everything here. Leave it to me." Alfred said without turning around.

"Okay Alfred. Thanks." I walked off with Allison to the living room.

(Allison P.O.V)

"Any messages from Scott and Lydia yet?" I asked him.

"Of course not." He said looking at me. "Allison, you know they won't come after what they did."

"There's still a chance they might come to the wedding. They are my friends." I said.

"And they have lives. You really think they would show up to watch you be happy. No. You would be lucky if they leave a message." He said sitting down. He looked up at me. "It's true. They won't show up. I'm happy that your parents will. If they love you as much as I do, they will. Your father will be there tomorrow walking you down the aisle in your beautiful dress."