Chapter Twenty - Seven: The Day Of The Wedding Part 1

(Derek P.O.V)

"Sh...! Sh...! Shit! You idiot." I said running out my room as cursed myself. I split up on some beer cans from last night. I knew I should have had seven beers. What was I thinking? I quickly ran downstairs into the kitchen knocking over some more beer cans. I guess I had a lot more beer than I thought. I knocked them off looking for my watch. I looked at the time. "Shit!" I ran into the bathroom and quickly grab my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth.

"Stiles! Stiles! Stiles! We overslept!" I shouted running into the living room waking him up. He jumped up off the couch looking around. "We overslept. We have to get ready."

"Oh shit! Where is Allison?" He said rushing into the bathroom.

"Don't worry about her. I think she's at her parents' house." I said running after him. "Remember she said to us it would better if we met at the church."

"It can't be true! How could we oversleep? Today of all days!" He said.

"I'm sorry to say but it's true. It's my wedding day and I overslept! I feel bad enough as it is. I'm going to be late for my own wedding." I said him as I rushed upstairs to my bedroom.

"I'm going to meet you at the church! Derek, just hurry up I'll stall everyone so you can get there before Allison!" He shouted I heard him and came out of my room with my black underwear on. I was about to get this stink off myself. I still had time to shower at least so I was going to.

"Okay! Thank you Stiles!" I ran inside the shower in a hurry as Stiles ran out the door. Oh shit I should have asked him to stay and help me before he took off. It doesn't matter he's covering for me at the church. He is my best man after all. I mean I did make him do it Allison asked him to. I would have asked my Uncle if he wasn't asking me to pay him for his services. He's the only one that I can stand in my family. I asked him if he's not going to be my best man to at least come to the wedding to just be there and support me by being there. He agreed but he did want something in return after the wedding. I turned on the hot and cold water taps then got in.

(Allison P.O.V)

I know Stiles was hiding something from me about Derek and Jackson and Lydia is involved somehow. I'm not even going to think about it right now because it's my wedding day. I can let thing or anyone twist my mind anymore. If Stiles said there's anything going on I trust his judgement. But he did say I was over reacting about Scott and Lydia not wanting to come. I wonder if...

*Knock knock*

I turned around and to my surprise it was Jackson. "Oh my god Jackson I thought you were coming." He came in and I ran and hugged him. I squeezed him hard. "Why haven't you been answering my calls." I asked him letting him go. "I haven't heard from Lydia either. Stiles has been acting weird too about the wedding. He told me that Scott's not coming. Wait, you didn't wait all this time just to tell me the way did you?" I asked him.

"Allison I came here to..." I turned my back and walked to the window.

"No! I don't want to hear it. How? Why did you come here to tell me you're not coming just before my wedding begins? I thought you showing up here at my parents' house were a good sign. That we moved passed this. I thought you would actually be happy for me even if we aren't together anymore. Well I guess I should be grateful right because you actually cared about me in the past which is more than I can say for Scott he doesn't even show up at the last minute to say why." I looked at him. "Look I know why I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for me. I thought he would do the same thing too you know."

"I was about to tell you the reason why I turned up. Can I tell you why?" He walked over to me. "I don't want you to have any doubts about me or what could have been if we were still together since high school." I looked at him. What doubts is he talking about between us? I have no doubts. I love Derek. "Look I know that you don't owe me anything. I don't want you to feel sorry for me either because I want you be happy and live you're live without me being a nuisance to you. I'm leaving town and I would come back. I just wanted to say goodbye to you before you make your vows to one another in church. I will find someone else to love although they probably won't be anything like you but I guess that's what I have to live with. In high school, I loved you so much that I started pushing you away going behind your back and fooling around with other girls. I had this idea in my head that no matter what I do to hurt you emotionally or mentally you would take me back. I guess I was wrong huh." He stared into my eyes.

"Jackson, Derek and I are getting married today and we're going to be happy. This is a new chapter in my life. I'm glad you're moving on. Look at Scott and I. We're on good terms. There's no jealous or weirdness between us. He's found someone else." I turned my face away from him.

"He has but I haven't. I'm still hung up on you." He held my face. I could tell he was about to kiss me as he was leaning in.

"No!" I said walking away. "This can't happen. I'm about to marry Derek." I turned around to him. "Look Jackson I haven't said I word while you were talking. You are my past and Derek it my future. He means everything to me. You had your chance with me and you blew it. Now I have found Derek. He picked me up when we broke up."

"You mean he took advantage of the situation. He manipulated it to his advantage. Can't you see it? He was just like Lydia. Remember how she tried to manipulate me. That's what he did and still is doing right now. He doesn't love you the way I do. He's just using you to get what he wants and once he does he will leave you in pieces."

"Lydia didn't control your actions you did all those things on your own just like when you slept around in high school behind at her party. You should just leave now. I have nothing more to say to you."

"Okay then I will." He walked passed me. "Before I go you should know this that I will always love you. I will even wait for you."

"Don't bother. I'm sticking with Derek. We have a future now and you're not in it. Now leave me alone." I said looking at him. He stood there and looked at me for a minute then he walked out the door. I sighed. There were only a few hours left until the ceremony. I went to the door to close it. I walked back to the window to see him drive away. I saw Stiles pulling up into the driveway as Jackson left.