Chapter Three: I'm Still Family

(Allison P.O.V)

"Truth? What truth? What are you talking about?" I asked him. He leaned over my desk. 

"Jackson, don't come any closer. I really don't want to talk about this right now. It doesn't even concern you anymore remember." I said to Jackson trying to sound as calm and relaxed as possible.

"What do you mean by 'It doesn't concern me anymore?' We are still friends right? Of course it does. You are everything to me. Anything that happens to my friends concerns me." He asked. He got off my desk without even taking a second glance. He left my office closing the door behind him. I enjoyed the silence for a couple of minutes before I got back to working on some paper work. I had forgotten that this new Jackson was respectful not like when we use to date. I thought he would throw things around and go crazy because I did tell him what he wanted to hear.

As it got late, seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours, I began to pack up my things and made my way out. It was now around nine p.m. and everyone began to pack up and head home. It has been nine hours since Derek had called me, which was weird since he normally calls me every other hour or so. I was getting worried since this was not normal behaviour for him because in all years with him he always called.

Something must have been keeping him occupied. I wanted to check up on him before I arrive but that would make him even more upset that I was calling him. I sure didn't want an upset him tonight since tonight would be the night I tell him I'm pregnant. I head towards the elevator as I made it to the bottom floor I felt my phone begin to vibrate. I thought it was Derek but it was Jackson calling. I sighed.

I answered the phone. "Is there is reason in you calling me, Jackson?" I asked him as I got into my car.

"Hey, sorry about before. You know I don't mean what I said right? I'm sorry. Forgive me?" He said.

"I do. Yes, whatever. Now tell me the real reason why you called me." I said.

"Okay. I wanted to tell you that your parents invited me to your family dinner tomorrow night." He said.

"What?! Why were you even invited?!" I said in a surprised tone.

"Why are you surprised that I was invited?" He said. "They still see me as part of the family. We were an item back in high school and we still would have been if..." He sighed. "...never mind. You didn't think they would forget how I treated you before we broke up. You remember don't you?"

I thought for a moment then quickly said. "Well then, I guess I will see you Saturday Night. Bye Jackson." I ended the conservation there and hung up. I drove quickly to my home since I was really ecstatic about telling Derek he had a son or daughter.