5.8: The plan

Violets POV:
The next day, I woke up early and left to go to school. I didn't want to bump into my brother. After the incident that had happened yesterday, I couldn't face my brother again. Everytime I think about it, my whole body would shiver in fright. But at the same time, my fists would clench in anger. How dare he treats me this way! I'm still human. I have my own rights. I have the right to make my own choices! He can't just control my life like this. I don't care. From this day on, I won't ever follow his ridiculous rules. I won't be enslaved by him.

Peter's POV:
I heard her close the door just now. I know she would do this, to avoid from seeing me. I wouldn't blame her. It was my fault for slapping her yesterday. I didn't know what had gotten into me. I love her, and I would never do anything to hurt her. But I just did. And it had made a huge impact on her. I didn't realize that I had also scarred her, not just physically, but emotionally too. I thought protecting her from the outside world would save her from meeting useless trash of men. But I knew that one day, the day when her true love rescues her would eventually come. But I'd never expect it to be now. I'm not ready yet. I'm not ready to let her go.

What should I do?

Violet's POV:
Right after I exited my neighborhood, I received a phone call from mom. "Violet Rosalie Evans!" Mom shouted through the phone, which made me jolt in shock.

Uh-oh...

This is not good. Whenever she uses my middle name, she was definitely in a bad mood. "Y-yes?" I stuttered. My knees were literally shaking.

"Why did you not tell me about your grades on the last exam!? The teacher called me just now and told me that you had the lowest grade in Maths! Explain to me right now! What did you do at school this whole time!? Hang out with guys and completely neglect your studies!? I don't care. I want you to be back home right after school ends. Or you will be in big trouble!" She nagged and immediately ended the call.

I didn't have time to explain anything to her. How could she say that to me. Me? She doesn't even know what I've been through this whole time. In fact she doesn't know a thing about me! She never had any time for me.

She never asked me how I'm doing. How I'm coping up with school. Or how people treat me. Do they treat me well or not. Am I a sociable person or not. She never asked me anything about me. And here she nags about me being a total sucker in math. She has no right to yell at me when she never gave a f*CK about me!!

..............

At least my friends treat me like I'm a precious somebody in their lives.

As I approached the school, I pushed all of my problems at the back of my mind and walked normally. I noticed Selena and Jade outside the school gates so I jogged towards them. "Morning!" I greeted them with a smile on my face. At first, their faces were bright and happy. But as I got closer, they turned into frowns which made me confused.

"U-uh, w-we were waiting for you" stuttered Selena. "Okay then. Well let's go" I urged them. We went to our lockers to get our stuff for first period.  Before I could walk to Selena and Jade to our first class, somebody grabbed me by the arm from behind. I turned around to see Samuel smiling down at me happily, but all of a sudden, his smile turned into a frown, just like how Selena and Jade's frown did.

"Hi Samuel" I greeted him. His grip on my wrist suddenly tightened. "Violet" he said in a worried tone. His hands suddenly went up to my cheek. "What did he do to you yesterday?" He asked in a sad but angry tone. At that moment, I realized he was talking about the slap I had received. Did it leave a mark!? A bruise? How come I didn't feel anything?