5.4: forever and always in my heart

Hayley's pov:
"Selena" I managed to say, trying to put my words together. "yeah?" she answered. I opened my mouth to say something but the words just won't come out. "Hayley? what's wrong?" my brother and Selena asked me. I turned to my brother who keeps looking at me, "what's wrong sis?" he asked again.

"...hit the gas..." I said, he did what I told him to. "and where exactly are we heading?" he asked, "the hospital. My friend got stabbed by an *sshole" I growled in my voice that finally came out. I'm seriously gonna choke that person to death when I find him...or her.

As we arrived, Selena kept asking me questions, "Hayley, what's going on? who got stabbed? is it Jade? come on answer me, Hayley? which floor are they on? who texted you to come here? Hayley!" she shouted. I just grabbed her hand and rushed to the elevator.

When we were alone I explained to her, making sure I didn't miss a thing. she just gasped and immediately ran out of the lift as the doors were opening, "room 415, 415, 415...415!" she shouted and barged in. I entered and saw a weak looking Daphne covered in a blanket, surrounded by my friends and a worried looking Henry. I walked towards him and pulled him out of his seat where he was sitting.

 I grabbed the collar of his shirt and curled it up in my fist. I pushed him to the wall near him. "tell me exactly what happened. I know you were there, so tell me.. who did it? when did it happen? why didn't you protect her properly?" I growled at him fiercely. Everyone knew not to piss me off, his face was as scared as a frightened nerd that was about to get beatened up by his bullies. "I-I'll tell you everything okay" I let him go and crossed my arms.

He sighed and began explaining, "Mike did it. we were looking at our grades on the final exam when she said that she wanted to got to the toilet, so I let her be. I waited, but she didn't show up, so I rushed to the toilet to find that it was locked. then I heard her scream for help, so I broke down the door. I entered the toilet to find that Mike was sexually harassing her. Then I saw him got out a knife. And before I knew it, she was stabbed" he explained, pain clearly written on his face.

"I got mad and started punching him and when I turned to her, I saw that she was about to pass out so I rushed her to the infirmary. The doctor said that I'll have to send her to the hospital so I did. and here she is" he continued.

I got madder, and madder at him. "why" I started, everyone's eyes were on me. "why did you leave her alone!? why did you punch him when you know that she has already been stabbed!? do you want her to die or what!?" I shouted, not too loud.

I sighed and closed my eyes to calm my senses. Daphne has been with me since we were young in middle school. I can't afford losing her.

"look, you should know that Daphne has a trauma of seeing blood since she was a kid. She'll easily faint by the sight of blood. so that maybe was the cause of her fainting, but that doesn't really solve anything anyway. I'm just gonna say this straightforwardly; if anything happens to her...the blame's on you" I told him.

He just looked away and nodded. I immediately regretted what I just said to him as I saw his face, clearly worried and distressed. I blamed him for all this.

I sighed, "I'm sorry for blaming you, Henry. I know you didn't mean it." I said "It's okay, Hayley. I understand why you're mad at me. I shouldn't have beaten up that bastard. I was just so slow. if only I was quick enough. I really don't want to see her like this. It just, pains me to see her like this"

I came up to him and hugged him tightly. "It pains us all to see her like this" I said. He hugged me back and I could hear a faint sob. I patted his back and pulled away. He sat on the chair and held Daphne's hand with both of his hands and kissed it lightly.