3.6: sibling's quarrel

Faith's pov:
"Faith! Wake up! Your mom's on the phone. Wake up!" Shouted April who literally woke me up from dream land where I was happily playing with my late cat, Sniffles who died a year ago. She was a great cat. Always there when I needed her. And April ruined our time together!

I groaned, turned around –making me face the pillow– and shooed her away. "Faith get up!! Your mom's waiting on the phone!" She repeated. I groaned again and got up, lazily.

"Why is she calling me?" I asked. "I don't know. She just called and asked to speak to you" she said. I nodded, slugged myself downstairs and took the phone.

"Hello" I said, slumply. "Hi, dear. Its me, mom. Have you been sleeping?" She asked. I nodded but then realized she couldnt see me. "Yeah. I was taking a nap" I said, yawning after saying that.

"Oh. Sorry to wake you dear. You see, my officemate is having a gathering at dinner tonight at her house. And she invited our family, so I want you to quickly get dressed and wait for me on your front porch, okay sweetheart?" She said.

Dinner night? Tonight? But I'm so tired!! I groaned slightly and answered. "Okay mom. But on one condition: send me back before midnight. April sleeps before midnight and I don't want to worry her" I said the last part, mumbling.

Apparently she heard. She was sitting on the couch behind me, smirking wildly. I stuck out my tongue at her and turned around. She just laughed, and walked upstairs.

"Aww. What a sweet friend you are. Okay, agreed. Go get ready darling. We'll pick you up at 7. Bye sweety" and with that she ended the call.

I sighed and went upstairs to go get dressed. "What'd she say?" Asked April who popped her head out at her door. "My mom is going to dinner tonight at her officemate's house and she says I'll have to come along. I don't really want to" I explained, while looking myself in the mirror, comparing two dresses.

"wish I could bring you along. At least I have someone I know over there" I mumbled. "Hey. At least you could make friends" she said. "You're always on the postivie side, huh" I said. She just smiled.

"So, which one would you prefer?" I asked her showing her both of my best party dresses I have in my closet. "Both of them are gorgeous. Hmmm....this one" she said, pointing to my bright blue dress that my big brother bought for my birthday. It ended above my knees revealing half of my thighs.

I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower to wash away my sluggishness from sleeping. I did my business, went out, got dressed and wore a little make up on:eyeliner, blusher and lip gloss. I slipped on my matching high heels and went downstairs.

"Now remember. Lock the door, close the curtains, close all electricity except for the ones you wanna use. I've already made you spaghetti for dinner. It's on the stove. Eat it before it gets cold. Oh and wait for me to come back home. I promise I'll be back before midnight" I said to her. She chuckled at my overprotectiveness.

"You sound like my mother for some reason. And yes, I'll wait for you. Have fun, babe" she said waving goodbye. I waved back, grabbed my matching sling bag and waited for my parents on the front portch. Once they arrived, I went inside the car and they drove off.

"You look fabulous, sweetheart" complimented dad. "Thanks" I simply said. "So where is your friends' house?" I asked, curiously. "We're almost there. It's not that far from your place" she said while searching for the house.

"Oh! And your brother's coming as well. He's just using his car" she said. "He's coming!? I haven't seen him in two months! Finally I get to see him!" I exclaimed. Dad just laughed.

"Well, you'll be seeing him tonight. He came back from Hollywood, finishing a contract with a famous artist. You'll have to ask the details with him" said Mom. I shrugged and looked at my phone.