3.5 George, her ex

Jade's pov:
"He saved me. Alex saved me. Again! I seriously am falling in love with him. He's just so cool, dealing with Fred. His face went pale when Alex beat the crap out of him. Well, mentally of course. But still, it kinda satisfied my heart for a while. But I still can't believe it. ALEX SAVED ME. It's like he knew I was in trouble. Well, by the looks of the situation that time, of course anyone could see that I was in trouble. But he was the only one who stood up for me. Oh! and he said something about recieving strict orders from someone. Do you know anyone that you might think he was referring to, Selena?" I was pouring my hearts out to Selena during lunch.

Hayley and Hadley was getting us drinks from the canteen lady and Daphne was hanging out with Henry for a while so that leaves me with Selena to tell my story to. When I finished she just stared at me blankly.

"Uh- no idea" she started. "Maybe someone he's close with? Cause if you think that someone might threaten Alex to save you, I couldn't think of anyone who can do that. Well, he's kinda scary to be with somehow. But he's attractive and all. And he still got some friends, so... yeah that's about it" she finished.

Then Hayley and Hadley came over to us and I started bursting out my story to them. Especially Hayley.

HAYLEY!

That's it. She must've been the person that threatened him to do so. Who else could be capable to do that. I myself have seen him lower his head towards Hayley. She's got Alex wrapped around her little finger!

Oh no.. this pain in my chest. It kept burning up. Why do I feel this. I've never felt this pain in my chest. It's stinging and painful. But it was then I realized, I love him. I love Alex. I love the way he talks with his husky voice. I love his muscular arms that wrapped around me to protect me. I love his built chest that I smashed into when he spun me around to face him. It seems so, mature. And I can't help but love his scent, intoxicating, attractive, possessive. I finally realized these feelings. And then the pain came back to me.

Hayley's his childhood friend. Which makes me completely mad right now. Seeing them together frequently. I can't stand it. She's such a nuisance. She's standing in the way between me and Alex. I wish she's never even existed! That way, she wouldn't interfere. I said, in my heart. Suddenly I gasped, realizing what horrible words I just thought about my best friend.

I immediately went to the restroom and washed my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm such a jerk. I never thought I was this... dirty. I'm sorry Hayley. I didn't mean to think of you like that.

Alex's Pov:
I sighed as the school ended. Which means I have to listen to Hayley's nagging again. She really pisses me off sometimes. Well, guess I have to find Jade. Where is she anyway?

Not long enough. I found her at the hallway, on her phone. She seems to be troubled. When she ended the call I came Up to her, "hey, Jade. Sorry I couldn't introduce myself properly just now. But you already know me right? Anyway, I'm Alex. Hayley's friend. Hayley's your friend right?" She nodded and looked away.

I don't know why but I just continued. "Anyway, She told me to accompany you to meet your ex boyfriend, right?" She nodded again and this time she glanced behind me. I turned around to see the guy just now. "Your ex?" I asked, pointing my thumb at him. She nodded again.

"His name is George. George Maxwell" she said gloomily. I could see that she doesn't like him. "Hey, Jade. Sorry for being late. I was-" he was cutted by Jade. "You were making out with your new girlfriend? Yeah. I noticed. Now can we get this over with? I'd like to go home" she said quietly.

"Yeah. Sure. Look. I'm sorry for breaking up with you. It's just that when we fought last time-" he stopped and looked at me. "What're you doing here?" He said, sounding like a murmur. "Don't bother about me. I'm just accompanying her. Please continue" I said, bluntly. He continued.

"When we fought last time, she was by my side, comforting me. And then I realized. She was the one for me. Well, at first of course I thought you were the one. But then I realized, you became less important in my life. I couldn't stand lying to you anymore. And I couldn't hurt you. So that's why I used her as an excuse, making rumors about us. I wanted for you to end our relationship, yourself. And I ended up using you. I'M SO SORRY, Jade" they were silent for a while.

"S-so that's what h-happened. I d-didn't know" she started. "When we had that quarrel, At first I thought that we would figure this out together, and come back to each other. But when I heard those rumors and not just hear them, but saw it myself, I buried my feelings towards you, deep inside my heart and convinced myself that you are not the one for me. I promised myself to not come digging back for the feelings that I already buried deep inside my heart. And I assure you, George. After I heard your explanation, I assure you that I will not come back for the feelings I had for you, because it is long gone from me. So thank you so much for telling me all this. And I'm sure you can't wait for me to say all this. That was why you wanted to meet up with me, right?" She finished.

I looked at George who was half disheartened, and relieved. "Yeah, that's about it" he replied. I could see that Jade was holding back tears and slightly bit her bottom lip. She closed her eyes and opened them slowly to reveal a fake smile. "Well, guess this's all settled then? I'll be going now. Bye George" she said quickly and dashed outside.

I wanted to say something to back her up, but I just thought that it's better to mind my own business. I mean, I'm only doing this so Hayley won't bust out my secret. And the only thing I am supposed to do is to accompany her right? I followed her out and chased her back home.

On her way back, her pace began to slower down and I could see she was crying. I suddenly felt this pain in my heart. It kinda hurts to see her hurt. Like there's this knife being stabbed in my chest numerous times. It stings and keeps on stinging. I don't know why I felt like this.

Then I heard her sobs. Without thinking, I quickly walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. I don't care at the moment if she doesn't want me to touch her. I want to touch her, to comfort her. Fortunately she accepted the hug and rested her head on my chest. Her heartbeat was faint and her breathing was calm for a while.

Then suddenly, I felt her arms snaking itself up to my neck and her face was into the crook of my neck. "Thank you" she murmured under her breath.  I stiffened for a while. Then answered. "No biggy" and hugged her even tightly. We stayed like this for a while until she pulled away and continued the walk home.

We arrived and she thanked me for sending her home. I bid goodbye, and was just about to leave when I heard my name being shrieked out. "ALEXXX!" I winced and turned around to see a purple faced Hayley. Shit. I completely forgot about her.

Jade's Pov:
When I heard George's explanation, my heart sank low. To be honest, I still had feelings for him. But I just didn't want to tell anyone because I was afraid I would worry them. So I pretended I was okay and left him.

I didn't realize that Alex was there and when we were on our way home, he hugged me ever so gently and carressing. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a moment.

His scent was extremely intoxicating my mind. I just wanted to make him all mine and bite anyone who dare come close to him. I know, obsessed right? Well, that's how I felt about him.

He was there for me when I needed him the most. He saved me from numerous, troublesome situations. And he comforted me when I was in a mental breakdown. he helped me even though we're not that close. He's just close with...
HAYLEY...
She must've told him to do so. Cause he introduced himself as a friend of Hayley's. It sounds suspicious.

We arrived and I thanked him but then I heard Hayley shriek Alex's name. "Come in right now!" She shouted. He just nodded and entered. I wonder what he did to make Hayley shriek like that.

TO BE CONTINUED