7.7: confession at a sleepover

FINAL CHAPTER OF APRIL'S STORY

April's pov:

Finally the night has come for my friends to sleepover at me and Faith's place. Plus Zack is joining us! I have to look presentable, so I dressed myself up in a light pink long nightgown to look more... adorable. Well, I'm only following Nick's instructions.

He said that if I want to look cute, I'll have to wear this. So I did. As I went downstairs to wait for them, Faith immediately said no to the gown.

"Go and find something...short. Like my silky pajama shorts" instructed Faith. "What!? But that's too revealing! I don't want to look like a slut" I said frantically. The last thing I want Zack to think of me is a slut.

"Fine. I'll find you something else. In the mean time, go and tell my brother to leave. He's not invited" said Faith, crossed with her brother.

"Hey Nick! We don't want you here. You're not invited to the sleepover" I shouted, crossing my arms against my chest. "Why's that?" He asked, popping his head out from the guest room, downstairs.

"Because! You're too old for us. And we want only us! No intruders" I pointed out. "And besides. You made me look like an idiot. Wearing this gown to look presentable to Zack" I mumbled.

"What? You look adorable! Who wouldn't want you when you pout like that in that cute gown of yours" teased Nick with a smirk. "I don't know. I was hoping Zack would. But I'm not giving anyone else any chances" I looked away.

"Oh really? You think so?" He said, hovering over me in seconds. "Yes" I stood up bravely. "We'll see who's giving chances to who" said Nick in a kind of matured way.

It frightens me sometimes when he uses that tone. It makes me think that he's not Faith's older brother. But someone else.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. So I quickly ran to the door. "I'll get it!" I yelled.

Saved by the bell!  I thought.

I opened the door to be greeted by Hayley, Jade, Selena and Daphne all together.

"Girls!" I squealed, which they returned it gleefully. They placed their bags in the living room and made themselves comfortable while we wait for the guys to arrive. And Zack.

"April! Here, wear this" called Faith, holding out a light green silky T-shirt pajamas and matching shorts. But luckily the shorts ended on my knee, so they weren't considered as too revealing.

"You're wearing that!? In the presence of five guys?" Said Nick in disbelief. "Which are already taken" I added. "Right. But the fifth one hasn't been taken" said Nick.

"That one.... is exceptional" I mumbled, playing with my fingers. He just scoffed and mumbled a "whatever" before walking back to the guest room.

"If you don't want to leave, then don't go out of that room you hear me!" Yelled Faith at her annoying brother.

After a few minutes, the boys arrived, along with Zack. "Welcome boys!" Greeted Faith, kissing Aaron on the cheek when he walked in.

"Hey" said Zack. "Hi" I answered, playing with my fingers nervously. "So... What're we doing first?" He asked, looking around the house.

"We'll start with playing monopoly!" Suggested Jade, so we all sat around the coffe table in the living room and started playing.

It was fun, playing with all of my friends. Especially when Zack's sitting right next to me! My heart was pounding a thousand times faster than usual, and I can't seem to concertrate on the game.
Faith starts first, followed by Selena, Aaron, Izaak, Alex, Daphne, Hayley, Henry, Ivan, Jade, Zack, and I was the last.