Chapter One: Something Inside Your Eyes

(Allison P.O.V)

At last, I said to myself as I just entered my front door. It was another stressful day at the office. As soon as I got in, I looked at the clock. It was five minutes to eight. I always reach before eight. It was the normal time for me. I slowly made my way upstairs. Working for Jackson was hard work but it was worth it when I got my pay check every weekend. I never thought I would be working for him believe me but I had nothing better coming my way so I took the job. Of course, the pay checks never went towards something I wanted for myself. It went towards Derek's alcohol and other dumb stuff he wanted. I could never say no to him. Maybe that's why I'm with him now still. He would always make things difficult for me when he doesn't get his way. Hopefully, tonight will be a peaceful one.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the front door slam. I was so excited to see him. I thought to myself as closed the room door. I quickly ran downstairs to welcome Derek. I stopped at the second step and looked at him. My face dropped when I saw the state he was in. I slowly walked of the second step and sighed. I could already tell tonight won't go so well when I saw the state he was in. He could barely stand up straight at the front door. He couldn't even close the front door properly. He missed the door knob all of three time before he closed it. I thought to myself. How pathetic?!

"Derek, where you been? I thought your shift would be over at five pm." I asked him.

"I w-ass o-uut with my friends you bitch." He replied. I could smell the alcohol radiating off his clothes and breath.

I gradually walked over to him. "You're drunk. You should really just go to bed and sleep it off. You'll feel better in the morning. What's that smell? Were you smoking too Derek." I asked as I rolled my eyes.

He pointed at me. "Don't tell me what to do Lydia... and yes I was."

My face dropped, I'm pretty sure I looked like I just seen a ghost. I didn't care if he was drunk or smoking but he knew how I felt about his crazy ex-girlfriend Lydia. Lydia tried to break us up countless times and attempt to get back with Derek to show him what he was "missing". She thinks that if he was with her he would stop drinking but she was the cause of his alcohol problem. She even tried to kill me twice when I refused to break up with Derek. Derek seemed to not even care about what he just said and fell asleep on the ground. I dragged his drunken sleepy state over to the couch then I ran up the stairs and slept in our bed, my pillow soaking up my tears.

(Derek P.O.V)

The next morning, I woke up to the noise of Allison vomiting again and throbbing killer headache. I was uncertain of what happened last night. I had to have said something awful because when Allison finished re-brushing her teeth from the bathroom, she didn't give me a second glance. I started to feel guilty so I got up and when into the bathroom to get the stink of alcohol off my breath and body. So, I went to see if she was okay when I got out the shower. I was feeling a little nervous when she looked at me. I knew something was wrong. I could see it in her eyes the hurt. I didn't want to find out what I did wrong but I asked her against my gut feeling I have.

"Are you alright?" I asked her with concern in my voice.

"Yeah, I am going to be alright." She said back to me dully.

"What happened last night? Why do you seem to upset at me?" I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"You called me Lydia, last night." She stated honestly. I mentally kicked myself when she said that.

"I'm sorry. You know I wouldn't bring her up on purpose Allison. She is the reason why I'm like this. You know that?" I said.

"I know you wouldn't. It's okay. I got to get to work." She said with a straight face.

"Wait, why are you in such a hurry?" I looked at her suspiciously. "You have some time before you have to go don't you?"

"I am always late because of you. I don't want Jackson to fire me. You know how he is. Please, don't make something out of nothing." She said with a bland tone in her voice.

"Fine, go ahead." I said to her. I kneeled down and give her a quick peck on the lips. I'm letting her go because I want to trust her.

"See you later." She said. She opened the door and got into her car. I could tell something was different about her but I don't know what it was. She looked at me for a moment. When she did, I see the sadness in her eyes. She slowly drove away out of the driveway. I continued to look until her was completely gone.