Chapter 13: Welcome to Beacon, Pt.3

Team CFVY's Dorm, Beacon Academy Dorms

6:20 P.M.

After eating dinner with her new friend, Velvet brought Ben back to her dorm, as she wanted to use her camera to take a picture of Ben's alien monkey form, that he nicknamed "Spidermonkey."

Ben was curious about what her weapon was exactly and so inquired her about it. Velvet showed him her weapon, as he began to observe it from all angles. Velvet's weapon of choice consisted of a camera and a box. The box was a large wooden chest, with golden metal bands covering the edges, and Velvet's heart emblem imprinted on its front. The box itself was about the size of a handbag.

The Rabbit Faunus explained to Ben that her semblance was the ability to mimic people's exact moves and use in combat to a degree

The Rabbit Faunus explained to Ben that her semblance was the ability to mimic people's exact moves and use in combat to a degree. However, her Semblance did not allow her to mimic the Semblances and capabilities of others and perform moves that are a direct result of another person's Semblance.

"So, your camera is a conduit that allows you to make light copies of other people's weapons from the photos you take with it?" Ben declared, fascinated by Velvet's weapon making the latter smile as she nodded.

"Yes, Ben," Velvet replied back. "Once I take a picture of that person's weapon with my camera, I put it back inside my box, and the box will project a transparent solid light copy of the weapons in a light-blue outline. In conjunction with my semblance, I'm able to use these copied weapons with skill comparable to their original wielder. The light copies of the weapons retain all of their original functions and abilities, even those that are normally fuelled by Dust."

"However." She pauses for a very brief while to see it was following what she was explaining at the moment. "Every time I use one of the weapons I copied I lose it, in due to only lasting for a brief period, so even a short fight and long fight requires me to switch copies several times. I must thus carefully moderate my usage, lest I run out of copies." She resumed after being satisfied with her observation.

"Amazing!" Ben exclaimed in awe, It was no wonder that the technology in Remnant was very similar to alien technology on Earth. Ben could only fathom whether Remnant's Technological Level would be measured at Level 2 or 3. Because in his universe, Earth was at least 500 years away from being a Level 3 Planet, despite being a Level 2 planet with Level 3 and 4 technology such as Nuclear technology and Internal Combustion Engines in Cars.