Chapter 2: We are not in Bellwood Anymore

Remnant

Something wasn't right, that much Ben could tell at the moment when he started regaining consciousness again. The first thing he could feel was the grass underneath him, then soon his hearing returned as it was bombarded by the sounds of birds in the distance.

'Okay... I know I'm not dead, that's good, right?' Ben thought as he sat up.

It was here the young man realized he reverted back to his human form after falling through that dimensional vortex. As Ben sat up from the grass, he could already tell that wherever he ended up, it wasn't Bellwood by any stretch of the imagination, especially with the scenery around him.

Looking around for a few moments, the young hero saw nothing but a forest for miles in every direction. Even the sounds of wildlife told him other wise.

Realizing that he wasn't going to get anything done by just sitting around, Ben got off the ground and stretched out his muscles as they felt rather sore since he was laying on the ground for however long it was. Deciding to take a look around, the young man saw the clear blue sky above him with the sun shining brightly over the land.

'Though that begs the question... where'd DID I end up?' was the first question he had at the moment.

Ever since he went to Rex's universe, Ben had always wondered if there were more, but he had a sneaking suspicion that it must be true because of where he was right now.

Nothing around him looks familiar, granted it was a random patch of woods, but there was no telling what he could be hiding in the forest here. If the first thing he met was his friend from a parallel universe who can create machines from the microscopic machines from his body then Ben's concern was justified.

As he started walking around, the hero made sure to look around his surroundings as he made sure nothing would get the jump on him.

Time passed easily, the sun still beating down from the sky as the sounds of insects and the rustling of the trees filled the void which was silence. The more he continued this trek through the forest, the more Ben felt confused about where he was.

While the first thing he would have done is use the Ultimatrix, Ben realized that it might cause issues in case someone saw him. For now, he decided to travel on foot until he could find some semblance of civilization.

Continuing his trek, the young shapeshifter spotted something through the numerous branches, a clearing with a stream of water running through it.

It didn't take long for Ben to arrive at the stream.

With the need to drink something overpowering his mind, he made his way to the stream and started to kneel by it. The teen hero cupped his hands together and dipped his hands into the cool water and brought it to his lips, drinking the liquid.

Ben took a minute to think about this whole thing.

He landed in some unknown world, possibly universe, and doesn't even have the slightest clue if there's any intelligent life for miles around him. Quite possibly, this has been the strangest day of the young hero's life.

Even traveling to Rex's universe wasn't this bad, it was just a parallel version of his world with some pretty big changes, but nonetheless he was familiar with it. Cities were in all the right places, and it was merely a different situation but the same location.

This time however...

There's no city anywhere close to him, everything around him was an emerald green forest, and there wasn't any sign of people.

Yep, this is his worst day ever!

Ben though this day couldn't get any worse than this. It didn't take long for him to hear footsteps coming from the forest, something that caught his attention and made him reach for the Ultimatrix out of reflex.

Looking in the direction of where the footsteps were, Ben saw something glowing in the distance, it was a pair of glowing crimson eyes. Soon the body which the eyes belonged to had come from the shadows.

In front of Ben was a bipedal creature, standing around nearly seven feet tall on its hind legs with a hunched forms covered in black fur

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

In front of Ben was a bipedal creature, standing around nearly seven feet tall on its hind legs with a hunched forms covered in black fur. Long arms dotted with sharp claws stood out to the sides, but what stood out more was bone-like armor and spikes covered in red markings that laid over certain points of its form.

 Long arms dotted with sharp claws stood out to the sides, but what stood out more was bone-like armor and spikes covered in red markings that laid over certain points of its form

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It's head had a long snout, almost like a wolf with a plate of bone armor laying over it's head like a mask. A pair of glowing crimson eyes leering out of the openings for them were directed straight at the Ultimatrix bearer.

"Universe... I hate you so much right now." Ben muttered under his breath.

Without warning, the creature let out a bellowing howl that seemed to echo throughout the forest. Ben wasn't an expert in animals, but if this thing resembled anything like a wolf, it was most certainly calling for it's friends.

In the next moment, the wolf-like creature started charging at Ben.

Quickly moving out of the way, Ben knew he needed to take care of this thing if there was any hope of him serving this mess. He looked back at the creature with a confident smirk, this thing had no idea who it was messing with! He toyed with the notch as the dial pops up revealing an emerald green hologram of an alien, he scrolled through his playlist as he found the right alien for the job.

 He looked back at the creature with a confident smirk, this thing had no idea who it was messing with! He toyed with the notch as the dial pops up revealing an emerald green hologram of an alien, he scrolled through his playlist as he found the r...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Alright! It's hero time!" Ben announced as he slammed the dial down in a flash of emerald green light.