~Chapter 43~

A/N: I've changed Kate's age to 13 -turning 14. Btw, I noticed that throughout the book, I ended up calling Derek, "Derek Hale" and I'm not sure if I've already mentioned it, but yea I decided to make his last name Hale (like his actual name in Teen Wolf) instead of Eagle. Hale just sounded better lmao.

~Third POV~

And right before his eyes, there they stood, his parents, people he hasn't faced in decades. He's been dreading for this moment. Either way, the pair were staring daggers into his soul, and as his eyes detected movement in the background, he also knew other family members joined his parents to this greeting.

Moments went by and as they were filled with silence, Derek decided upon slamming the door shut on their faces and walking back to the dining room to finish off his meal but as he was making his way back, he heard the words of his father - crystal clear.

You will come out this instant, son, or I will have you face the consequences. You will be more than willing to attend this event that you have missed twice in a row and will not be excused for the third. Your siblings miss you dearly so you will make up for the time. Despite our previous times and our differences, we very well promise to make this one different.

And he knew he'd messed up already, by closing the door and it'd be even more idiotic if he just ignored his father, Elijah. So, groaning under his breath, he turned back towards the front door and opened it again.

Once again, they were each greeted by each others eyes and no words.

Elijah thought it to be appropriate if he said something. "My son, oh how long it has been" Elijah smiled a genuine smile, little creases forming on the side of his eyes whilst his wife, Elizabeth, gave Derek a toothless smile. "Mother, Father," He nodded and stood on his tippy toes to see whom else had decided to join "And Vanessa" Now, they're back to their wordless conversation with the wind blowing in their ears. "So, when do we get to come inside and meet this Alma Peregrine you always used to talk about" Vanessa asked out of the silence, in her usual British accent, smirking at Derek as he threw her the 'are-you-serious' face.

"What are you talking about, Vanessa?" Elijah asked, straightening his suit. "Alma Peregrine was one of the children in Esmeralda Avocet's loop, like Derek. She was one of his greatest friends for around 4 years until he was kicked out for unknown reasons. Talked about her every time we saw him. She's also the youngest and one of the most powerful time manipulator to exist in their peculiar world" Vanessa explained to her father. "And I'm assuming this is Miss Peregrine's children home?" Elizabeth quirked an eyebrow, getting a nod from Derek.

"Oh goodie! Step aside please, I'd like to introduce myself" Vanessa walked through her parents, hitting Derek on the shoulder with her own as she walked past and followed the amazing smell down the hallway which led to the room that the household was in.

"Voila! The famous Miss Peregrine standing right before me" Vanessa made a dramatic entrance when she walked into the dining room. Alerted, Miss P stood up in a blink of an eye, her hand on the sharpest knife in arms reach but as she studied Vanessa more, she gathered some similarities she shared with Derek and relaxed a bit, although her eyes were still sharp whilst she was prepared, "And who might you be?"

"My bad, my name's Vanessa Hale. Glad to finally meet you all" Vanessa looked around at everyone else, seeing their wondering eyes, and smiled. "Oh yes. Derek has very well mentioned you before" Miss Peregrine said with a toothy smile as she nodded gently at Vanessa. The two of them exchanged little words as the children looked back and forward between the two adults talking, and they kept having small talk until shouting was clearly audible, coming from the front of the house.

"Will you excuse me" Vanessa sighed, and rolled her eyes when she was facing away from everyone as her parents and Derek interrupted their conversation, and she started walking back towards the door.

"What the hell is happening out here? I was having quite the fine conversation with the others until you lot started raging" Vanessa gritted between her teeth.

"I'm afraid your brother is trying to find another way to escape this reunion, saying there's no point in it" Elijah muttered, looking elsewhere. "Trust me, Uncle Peter would say the same bloody thing if he were here, and frankly, so would I. I was having a grand time in Europe until now" Vanessa huffed, leaning her weight against the wall. "And now sister, this is why you're my favourite" He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, enclosing her between the wall and his body.

"Except there is a point! It's about spending time with family. All we ask is that once every 10-20 years you come home, to see your relatives only for a few days and then we leave you alone to do whatever you may desire. Is it really that desperate of us, as your parents, to see our children?," Elijah clenched his fist in his pockets "Any of you could end up dead in a moment or another" He said with sympathetic eyes.

"Ugh, I hate how right he is" Vanessa mumbled to Derek and pushed him off her so she could stand up.

"Look, I get that you worry about us. But you know we'd never cease to exist. Be it 1000 years in the future or 1000 years in the past, we have all the time in the world. We're not kids anymore, we know how to look after ourselves, to make our own choices, you needn't to worry" Vanessa reassured her parents. "And that's the scariest part. One day you'll never need us. We try to gather you all together to remind you what its like to be as a family, and I know that we aren't the best developed family seeing as what has happened before, but one never is." Elizabeth said with water forming in her eyes at the great memories they all had together, before the world came between them.

"We will see you tomorrow. As expected." Elijah nodded and the couple walked away, they're probably residing in Derek's house at the moment with everyone else. Or at least somewhere close.

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I know this chapter was a bit shorter than my previous chapters but basically, after this, his parents go back to his house and stuff like, Miss Peregrine does her usual routine, da de da/ So next chapter the time range is gonna be like 1 am or something