~Chapter 31~

Note: Warning : This will be boring lol. But this is a long chapter so........ I was gonna add more, some of the parts that will be in the next chapter but honestly, I need an inspiration to write right now xD so just hang tight til the next chapt and it'd all make sense. But it won't for now ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jake's POV~

"Jake, can we visit our rooms now?" Emma whispered into my ear so no one else could hear and I decided to agree. "Let's go upstairs and I'll show you your rooms" I said and everyone decided to come upstairs. "Sorry. We don't have many rooms, only 3." I said as we stopped in the hallways. 

"Hugh, Millard, Horace, Olive and Fiona, you guys can go into that one" Miss Peregrine said, pointing to the left and whoever didn't get called had to go into the room across from the one the others are in and I'm guessing Miss Peregrine, Caul and Derek will be in the third room. A few moments past and it was only me, my mom, Miss Peregrine, Derek and Caul in the hallway now. "Whelp, I'm going to sleep" Caul said, walking into the extra room. "I'll be back before dinner" Derek said, he grabbed something on his way downstairs but my eyes wasn't able to pin onto it fast enough. "I'm going to see what everyone else is doing" I said, slipping away from the pure moment of awkwardness.

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

I crept downstairs, followed by Mrs Portman, I needed to deliver all the suitcases to everyone. "Let me help you with that" She insisted. "Oh no, it's quite alright" I said, but she kept on asking. "It's alright, I assure you. Just go and do what you want" and finally, she gave in.

After going back and forward downstairs to retrieve the suitcases, I finally reached the room I would be resided in for a few days and laid next to Caul since he took the be. "I'm sleeping on the bed tonight" I said, startling him from his slumber with his back still facing me. "Oh yeah? And what exactly makes you say that" He mumbled. "Must you need to know, I haven't slept in a bed for weeks now and the reason for that is your fault" I answered. "Well it wasn't my fault you didn't show me around and that I didn't know it was your room" He said, sounding tired. "You shouldn't have been doing what you were doing in the first place!" I exclaimed. "True" He agreed, obviously only half of him was listening. 

"You're boring" I said, leaving the room. "Thank you" Caul said sarcastically. 

After thinking to myself, I decided to start preparing dinner. "Fiona, Bronwyn can you please come out?" I said, knocking on both of their doors and they happily came to join me downstairs and walked outside, I remember seeing some veggie garden out here and needed Fiona to grow some things while Bronwyn did her daily job after Fiona did so, after Fiona was done, she left to go back upstairs and Bronwyn helped me bring back in the things Fiona had grown and ran upstairs. 

Looking in their cupboards and fridge, I managed to actually find some of the similar things we would eat back in the house and I decided to cook that, hoping Mrs Portman wouldn't mind. 

"Right, most of the things are nearly done" I whispered myself. Randomly, my eyes darted towards the clock and it reads 4:45pm and then Mrs Portman stumbled into the kitchen. "What are you cooking? I could smell it from miles away and it smells so good. You honestly didn't have to do this, after all, you are the guest" Mrs. Portman said. "Oh please Mrs Portman, it is my pleasure to do so. Besides, I do this every 3 times a day, what harm would it possibly do?" I said with a smile tugging at my lips. "Please, call me Maryann. And you do this everyday?" She asked, with a surprised expression. "Apparently so, for like 60 and over years now" and Maryann's eye's went even bigger.

"How old are you even?!" Maryann exclaimed.

"Well, I was born in the 1880s" I answered, pulling out the things from the oven, seeing as they were ready.