~Chapter 22~

Note: I kind of feel like this isn't like a MPHFPC fanfiction because of how the characters behave but when everything goes back to normal and their back to their house, they will all be the same and for your image of Miss Peregrine, she will still be that protective figure for the children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

Enoch and Olive were holding hands, walking beside Caul who were a little bit in front while Fiona, Hugh, Bronwyn, Emma, Jake and Horace were just a bit behind them as Claire was making her way towards me and Derek was behind us all.

"Mo- Miss Peregrine!" Claire shouted with a huge smile. She stood in front of me and gestured to pick her up, which I gladly did so. "Yes princess?" I asked. "You're finally awake! You had us all worried, never do that again!" She said as if it was a command and it made me chuckle a bit. "I promise" and with that she hopped back down, she must've noticed I was struggling to walk since I was limping and she ran over to where the other children were.

After a while Emma decided to slow down as she was letting me catch up to her. "Miss Peregrine, you have no idea how bad you worried us! We were pretty stubborn to Derek, hope you don't mind" Emma said. "Well, I hope you guys aren't as worried as before I guess" I responded and I could see Emma was deep in thought.

The only thing that was audible were the sounds the environment was making around us and the footsteps. After some time Emma spoke again "Uh, this might sound weird but -" "You're going to tell me that you held me and then you're going to ask how I appear to be so light, correct?" I said interrupting Emma. "Yeah, how did you already know?" Emma asked. "Derek already told me" I answered. "Okay well how are you so light, I can barely hold Claire" Emma said, whispering at the end of the sentence making sure no one else could hear. "I was unconscious back then, I probably won't be as light" I responded back and in return she stood in front of me, causing me to stop walking. "You believe that you aren't as light? Okay well if you aren't then let Derek carry you all the way back to the academy and up the stairs, then we will see if you're light or not" Emma said as if it was a command, it was unusual for her to do something like this. "Emma, I have 2 feet, connected to legs and they work rather fine right now" I said trying to push my way past her. "Derek! You get the honor of carrying Miss Peregrine back to the academy like you have been for the past like 5 hours" Emma said shouting in a singing voice and I nearly choked knowing how long Derek has been carrying me. All the children ahead of us including Caul, stopped in their path and turned around.

After a few minutes of embarrassment someone finally spoke. "Whelp, if that's going to get us back to the academy faster and back home then I'm all in for it" Enoch said, not exactly what I wanted to hear since all the little ones agreed to. "Emma, I seriously don't need this" I said giving her one of my deadly looks.

~Emma's POV~

When I asked Miss Peregrine why she was so light, she said that she was unconscious but I didn't physically believe that, this woman is the most healthiest woman anyone could ever meet and if Derek says that she doesn't feel any heavier I'm determined to know what she does like, we all know she wakes up early and does breakfast and all but maybe she does exercising or something or maybe since she has done the same routine for over so many centuries, she just managed to lose a lot of weight and become as slim as the thinnest stick on this planet.

Of course I know what this can do, I could get in trouble, a lot of trouble but maybe she will see my point and be as skinny as her or something. I like my body build and all but Miss Peregrine's one is just magic. When I called her out in front of anyone I could see she was getting a bit embarrassed and angry, we made small conversations until Derek came up from behind and threw Miss Peregrine over his shoulder.

"Better get a move on, we aren't moving by standing here" Derek stated, which is probably true and the children started laughing at what he said when they made their way to us. "Ouch that hurt. You can put me down you know" Miss Peregrine said, her legs were hanging down Derek's front side while her head was tilted down, at the back of Derek and her hair flowing down as well. "No can do darlin' I was told to do this, though I need to put you down for a split second so I can hold you properly otherwise you're probably going to be in pain for the rest of the journey" Derek replied as he did what he said he was going to, he went back to holding Miss Peregrine in the same position he did when she was unconscious. "Emma, I have no idea why you're honestly doing good this to me" Miss Peregrine said while trying to kick Derek. "Because Miss, You're so light, it's like you were given my gift of being 'lighter than air' " and with that I heard a loud sigh of disappointment and we carried on walking to our destination.

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

When Derek came from behind me, I felt startled for a bit since no one ever did this to me and then all of a sudden I was lifted into the air and my face slammed into Derek's back, he didn't even flinch once. After making small conversations we all set off back to the academy, everyone was ahead of us except for Emma who kept a close eye on us in case I try to get up. "This is seriously pathetic what you're doing Emma. You know the consequences that will be coming to you." I said tilting my head back so I can see Emma but she looked to be zoned out into her own world as her head wandered around through the trees.

"You know Derek you can put me down. I can walk perfectly fine, I am not a baby" I said whispering so Emma wouldn't hear, but Derek being his usual self did not whisper back. "Nah I think it's okay, besides your angry and it's adorable. Anyways I like holding you, it's like your my 'big oversized baby' you prob-" Instead he said it in his loud tone of voice but was interrupted. "Okay then..." Emma said as she picked up everything Derek said and decided to look in the other direction.

"I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic" I said, looking up and analysed bits of his face that I can possibly see. "Well, everyone is serious around you are they not?" Derek said as I rolled my eyes. "Can I get up now" I said, I admit that I could have probably dealt with this in a more mature way but I just got my conscious back after a few days and I wasn't in the mood to deal with anything. "Let me think about it-" Derek was about  to say but was cut off by an eavesdropping Emma. "She is not allowed! Remember, pretend she was no legs" and with that I simply rolled my eyes again.

After some time we managed to get to the front door of the academy and walked in.