~Chapter 27~

Note : Last chapter was a bit boring, I ran out of idea's for it lol, I try to make the days in this story seem long cause sometimes I feel like I skip a lot of it and rush it if you know what I mean and also I only write like 1300 words in each chapter which isn't actually a lot so...tell me if you want more words in this .-. enjoy... (Btw Claire is just gonna call Miss P mom or momma form now on, not out loud but in her head)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jake's POV~

I had to run home as my bike was, as expected, stolen since it was just sitting outside of the loop entrance for a few days, not locked up.

When I arrived in the neighborhood I lived in, I saw a police car sitting on the grass in front of my house. I got closer and it revealed that my mother was talking to a cop and her eyes wandered over to me. "Jake! You're home!" She exclaimed and ran down the drive way, passing a few houses until she reached my location. "Hey mom" I said and the police car drove past us, I still don't know why he was here but it was probably because my mom thought I was missing. "Where have you been? Your father and I have been worried sick about you" She said, pulling me down the path and to the front of the house.

"Sorry mom, I had a busy few days" I lied, entering the house after her and placing my phone on the little table beside the door. I noticed that when I sat down on the couch, my mother wasn't there and when I looked back at the door, she had grabbed my phone and she was looking it and apparently she got into it, I don't even know how she knew my password. "Mom...what are you doing with my phone" I asked. "Who's that girl with the blond hair next to you" She asked, I totally forgot I had made the photo that me and Emma took back in their old loop in the cave as my home background. "She's a friend. Why?" I asked, getting off the couch and making my way over to my mom to see what else she was about to do with my phone, hoping she wouldn't go onto my gallery otherwise she would see all the photos I took of Miss Peregrine, the adults and all the other children.

As expected because Karma hates me the most, she had to go on my gallery. "What? Who are those 2?" Mom asked, referring to the one I took of Miss Peregrine and Derek earlier, it was only showing the photos one by one since she didn't click the 'All' button to see all my photos at once. "That is a photo I took" I said, I could feel the sweat beads forming due to how nervous I was. She kept swiping through all my photos until we reached the group photo we all took. "And who are all of these people" She asked. "Okay mom, if I told you, you won't even believe me, especially dad" I said, I checked the time again and right now dad was at work.

"Tell me, I need to know" She demanded and I sighed. "If I tell you, will you think I'm crazy?" I asked, dad had told her the tales about the children's home and who lived there since grandpa used to tell him when he was a kid too and she shook her head. I let out another sigh. "Miss Peregrine, Bronwyn, Claire, Horace, Emma, Olive, Enoch, Fiona, Millard, The twins, Hugh and Miss Peregrine's brother who you don't know, Caul and her friend Derek" I said pointing to who was who. "And the girl in my background is Emma, the photo you first saw was Derek holding Miss Peregrine and the others one you saw was just the children and everyone else who lived there" I carried on, when I finished explaining who they were, my mother was simply speechless.

After a few moments she spoke again. "Is it those dreams again? Jake you're going to grow up being crazy" Mom said, as expected. "Mom, you literally just looked at the photos" I said with a bit of an attitude. "That doesn't mean anything, you're probably lying anyways. Who are these people actually?" Mom questioned, she was getting on my nerves. "Mom, I am serious about this. That's who they are! Grandpa has photos of each of them and if you look at them you will see that I am telling the truth!" I yelled. "Jake you're lying because you can't even prove it" She was right, I couldn't prove it. I wandered around the room for a few minutes.

I gasped, I remembered what Claire said. "Mom, I can prove it. I can bring the photos from Grandpa's house" I said as my face lightened up. "Yeah? And how exactly are you planning to prove it?" Mom asked as she put my phone back down. "Well maybe, I was thinking that, well, maybe that they could come over for a few nights? And I can tell them to show you what they can do" I said. "Alright then but if they're not real you're going straight to a therapy, those dreams again Jake...Those dreams" She said, mumbling at the end of sentence. I decided to leave the house and I would go to Miss Peregrine's after she does the reset and go to grandpa's.

~Claire's POV~

After Miss Peregrine went inside Emma told me I can go and play with Bronwyn and the twins now so I skipped away. Just before I reached where Bronwyn and the twins were playing I remembered about all my teddies that would be sitting peacefully on my bed, having their little talks and games.

I got excited and ran inside then up the stairs and entering my bedroom. As expected, they were all sitting there where I had left them when we left to go to school since we haven't been home since then. I ran over to my bed and hopped on the end and faced my teddies.

"I missed you all!" I cheered, hugging each 3 of them. The first one was a little rabbit and it had a pink bow sitting on her head while wearing a purple dress, the name to that one was Mrs Bunny. My second one was also a bunny but it had a suit on and his name was Mr Teddy Bear and the last one I hugged was the first teddy I got, it has blond hair like I did and wearing a pink dress and I named her Miss Fluffy, all of them were sewed by Miss Peregrine but sometimes they had to get sewed again as some of them gets ripped.

I decided to grab Miss Fluffy with me and made my way downstairs and out to the backyard where I can play tag with Bronwyn and the twins.

A few hours later, mom called us all in to have dinner. We all surrounded the table and not long after, Miss Avocet and her students came down again which meant we had to get squashed up again so I went to go sit on mom's lap. When I looked at her face, which was behind me, I saw that she was looking at all of Miss Avocet's students weirdly and she decided to speak. "Miss Avocet, do you know where Miss Bluejay is?" She asked with a worried face. "Alma, please don't get mad...Ella was one of the students that the wights managed to get a hold of" Miss Avocet explained, when I looked back at mom, her face dropped. "Oh.." She replied and silently kept on eating. "Alma...I tried to save all of then, I really did" Miss Avocet said when she noticed mom was sad.

I hugged Miss Fluffy tighter because I know that mom is getting angry. "Yes but if you actually tried you would have already gone out and looked for them like every other ymbryne would if they had lost any of their charges" Mom said. "Alma, those are your expectations of an ymbryne" Miss Avocet said, since they were on the opposite side of the table from each other they had to sort of yell and all our heads were going back and forward. "No Miss Avocet, those are everyone's expectations of being an ymbryne, you're supposed to dedicate your life to your wards and you didn't instead you let them suffer" Mom said, raising her voice. "You know Alma, it isn't bad to think about your own safety" Miss Avcoet explained. "Oh bird, Miss Avocet please see my point right now. You have lost a lot of wards so far and you're only left with 4 now because you couldn't be bothered to look for the rest of them, you are supposed to protect them! If they get stolen then you are to find them straight away" Mom said and went back to eating.

I looked over at the clock on the wall and the short stick thing was on the 7 and the long one was on the 6, I still couldn't tell the time but dinner was going to be over soon I'm guessing.