~Chapter 21~

Note: Just to confirm, I used the help of my friends for the part when Miss P wakes up, I would like to mention that, they don't have Wattpad so. I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM JAKE'S PARENTS IS IN DIS FICTION. I FORGOT TO MENTION THEM IN THE LAST CAST UPDATE. Lol enjoy

~Derek's POV~

After looking in the shops, we continued walkingand  hours had pasted and the time had changed to 3:30pm, we were now in the forest heading back to the academy. Everything was fine until I felt a slight movement. "Wait guys stop" I said alerting Caul and the children to turn around. "Yes Derek?" Claire asked coming up to me. "I think your headmistress is awake" and with that their eyes lightened up, after all they noticed they weren't stopped for a complete utter reason.

We all eyed Alma and she began to move her head a bit but her eyes were still completely sealed shut. "Miss Per-" Claire was about to say but Enoch quickly stopped her from talking by covering her mouth from behind which frightened her just a bit but she calmed down after knowing who it was.

In a matter of seconds Alma's blue eyes flickered straight open and without even adjusting them she screamed, I can't blame her, she doesn't know where she was and she would be feeling loads of pain right now. "AHHHHHH!" This time it was a bit louder and it made some of us cover our ears, quite surprised a woman like her even knew how to scream. "Alma it's okay-" I was about to tell her and but she began shaking quite a lot. "Is she cold?" Enoch questioned, Alma looked pale as ever.

"I don't think so, I think she's just a bit nervous of what's happening" I answered back. We kept starring at her until she began to calm down, after some time her knowledge and strength came back to her. "Wait what's happening" she questioned. "Not to put any pressure but the children just witnessed everything" I said tilting my head down closer to her ear so it wasn't audible to the other children. She took her gaze off me and onto the children, her cheeks going a bright shade of red and quickly turned away. I sighed and told the children to keep walking.

~Emma's POV~

When Miss Peregrine woke up, she on quite a show, making me lose my hearing for a second but was quite relieved that she is okay now. I looked at the others as Derek whispered to her and when I looked back at the 2 of them, Miss Peregrine was looking at us and we smiled at her only to be rejected as she turned away. Derek told us to keep walking.

It was really awkward, most of us were smiling at the great news we got of our head mistress but none of us spoke, only casually, we were all zoned out into our own world as we had still got a long journey ahead of us through the forest until we actually would reach the academy, probably a place Enoch isn't fond of going back to.

I, personally couldn't wait for our head mistress to get back on her feet, I missed our mother and savior figure, even though it hasn't even been more than a few days, it feels like it had been like a life time until we heard the voice we all knew very well. 

~Miss Peregrines POV~

I woke up and saw a guy hovering over me except I didn't recognize him at first and neither did I with the environment around me. Then all of a sudden a sharp pain went through me, as if someone was punching me over and over again and an unexpected scream came out of me, I didn't expect it to happen. The guy of some sort tried calming me down, I still didn't recognize him or tone of voice since I was trying to look away and I started to shake a lot as if I was cold in my bird form. A voice from behind me spoke and I started to remember, the guy holding me spoke again, I noticed that it was Derek, I felt relieved that it wasn't a complete stranger until he told me that the children were standing in front of us. I slowly turned around and it felt like my wall that I have built between the children for many years, even decades now, started crumbling down. I always forbid myself to never show the children the weak or emotional side of me and I still expect myself to but I, in this moment, is a complete mess.

Feeling pretty much embarrassed straight away, I quickly turned away and buried my face into the crook Derek's neck like how Claire used to do whenever she had a nightmare.

We've been walking for some time I noticed that and I still haven't looked around to pick up the surrounding, all I could hear was different birds chirping and the wind making sounds in the tree's I'm assuming. Then I could hear soft whispers, I noticed who it was straight away, it was the children, they were talking to each other and for some how my hearing wasn't able to pick up was they were saying. Instead of hiding my face now, I decided to look up. "Where are we?" I asked Derek, whispering. "We are on our way back to the ymbryne academy and before you blurt tonnes of questions at me, Miss Avocet is still back at the house with the twins, she doesn't know what has happened to you. You were shot from when we all were at school" Derek said and my eyes widened, no wonder what that pain was and I was hit with a panic attack. "Wait I was shot? Who- What- Wait what happ-" I was about to ask but was fairly interrupted "Sh, no need for so many questions Alma, also I would like to talk to you alone some time after when we get back" Derek said. "No, we have to go back to the house, there's an entrance there anyways" I exclaimed. "Finally! Someone that actually understands me! Thank the lord you noticed we have to get back to the house!" Enoch said, looks like he doesn't want to be at the academy anymore longer.

Awkward moments past and I wanted to walk on my own feet, it felt awfully wrong for someone to carry me, something I was not used to or comfortable with. "Derek, I can walk myself besides you look fairly tired, I assume that I'm heavy anyways." I said trying to get off but Derek refused. "Yeah I must admit, I haven't slept all night and no actually you aren't heavy, you're probably the lightest person here besides Emma of course. Did I mention that Emma held you for a split second and said you were light to?" Derek said as my eyes widened, Emma touched me? That was very unusual, my big girl doesn't come near me without my permission like she used to do when she was only a little child. But after some failed attempted I managed to get off Derek and when I stood up straight, I noticed I was wearing some other clothing. "What am I wearing?" "Your clothing had blood on them obviously and there weren't any clothing around so I changed you into my shirt. Don't worry, I didn't see anything" Derek whispered throwing one of his many winks at the end of his sentence which I slapped him on the arm for and continued walking, my wound started hurting a little but I wanted to catch up the children and Caul, they were a bit of a distance a head of us since Derek and I stopped. The academy was pretty tall and I could see the silhouette of it appearing in the distance.