~Chapter 7~

Note: Sometimes my story makes like zero sense and I'm sorry for that. Caul will be a protective brother rather than one that wants to kill Miss Peregrine lol. Also something interesting will happen soon with wights and all, it'll take time though and the scenes might not even be relating to movie or book version but again it's supposed to be a fanfiction so...

~Emma's POV~

It's been a few weeks now since Derek has been here and we decided to go do what Jake and Derek call 'shopping' I've never done that before, no one has except for Miss Peregrine but by the look of her face she looks like she doesn't know what it is, this isn't 1943 anymore, it's 2016 so its probably going to be different.

Everyone in the house except for Derek and Jake, was wearing either Victorian or dirty clothes that would only be worn in the year 1943 so before any of us that lived in 1943 stepped outside of the house, we got Derek and Jake to go buy us some appropriate clothes people usually wear in 2016.

~2 hours later~

Derek and Jake finally got back with like 5 bags of clothing and they seems to enjoy each other's presence. They handed each of the children's clothing that we would be wearing except for Millard, Millard was going to go naked.

After each of us got changed it was only Miss Peregrine who needed to get dressed so we waiting for her and 30 minutes later she came out. She looked really stunning, most of us were staring at her. She never wore anything like that and her hair style had changed, instead of having it in her usual style she took it down and let it be free."Wow" we all muttered.

When we entered the mall, Miss Peregrine and Derek was in front of us. Me and Jake were behind them with the children next to us and some behind. I turned my head and I saw people staring at Olive, Miss Peregrine and I. Feeling Jakes arm wrapping around my waist, I gave in and I saw Enoch did the same with Olive as they were both looking at everyone. Looking straight I saw Derek pulling Miss Peregrine in as he eyed everyone around her but the twins kept tugging on her legs and Claire was being held by our ymbryne while all the other children were next to me, Jake, Olive and Enoch.

~Miss Peregrines POV~

We managed to find a spot in the mall that wasn't crowded by people and I was starting to get worried about the children's safety. "Okay, maybe we should stick together since there's a lot of people around and I don't want any one of you getting injured but to make this trip exciting, we'll go into the clothing stores here and do boys vs girls in trying on clothes that you would usually wear for going out casually or something like that, Millard you can play to, don't get caught holding clothes though and we can meet back here and we'll show the clothing's at home" I heard some of the children cheering in excitement.

"But, you children are to stick with Derek, if anything happens just tell him" I shot Derek a murderous look to tell him that he will obey what I just said for the children's sake.

As the boys walked away I turned to face the children that will be with me which is, Emma, Fiona, Bronwyn, Olive and Claire.

~Emma's POV~

When Miss P told us we would have a dressing competition against the boys I was so excited, except I then noticed Horace was on the other team from us and he's a fashion guru, literally.

"So where do we start?" Olive asked and Miss Peregrine looked completely dumbstruck even though she could be the smartest person anyone would have ever met. Jacob showed me some fashion designs and things so I told everyone to follow me, we ended up going to the dress column and all of the dresses were absolutely stunning.

~4 hours later~

"My feet cannot move anymore" I stated as we were going to walk back to find the boys, we had spent pretty much the whole time looking at dresses rather than trying them on but we eventually picked a few, Miss Peregrine refused to wear the dresses she chose in front of us so we had to wait until we got back to the house.

~Miss Peregrines POV~

As we were walking back I spotted a bee flying around my head, one that a knew very well, it was one of Hugh's, when he first came into the peculiar home that 1 bee used to sting me all the time. Since I couldn't see where they were yet, I told the children to follow me and I followed the bee.

Eventually we managed to find the other half of the peculiar pack. They all looked extremely tired, not as much as we were though because we spent the whole time walking and looking at dresses.

"Finally you guys arrived" Derek said with sarcasm. "Yeah, you guys took forever, we've been here for nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes" Jake said. "Well were here now, stop complaining" Emma said, I shot her a devil look because she said that in a disrespectful tone but she was tired to notice.

Finally after what seems like forever, we arrived home.