~Chapter 24~

Note: Should I make the chapters bigger? I feel like they're to small. Also, I forgot to put this in the cast but Jakes grandfather (Abraham Portman) is alive. Also I suck at doing romantic scenes cause I cringe at like everything so keep that in mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

"Ah yes, that will perhaps be explained after, I would like to know what happened here?" I asked Miss Avocet. "The twins went crazy after you guys never came back and I couldn't understand them and then my students thought it was some kind of party and decided to join in with them, turns out they ended up destroying your house" Miss Avocet explained until we heard noises from behind her.

I peaked behind her and standing there I saw 2 twins in white clothing jumping up and down as they were making their way towards the children and I, unfortunately the children were still trying to adjust themselves. "Ah twins! I miss you both" I said bending down to hug them instead of having them tug onto whatever I was wearing and they both were communicating in their own little language. The other children noticed and joined in with the embrace, this moment couldn't be any more perfect, it was like a family reunited, well it basically was but I wish I could just stop time in this moment and live it forever but we all soon let go of the embrace as fast as we had came into it.

I walked backwards a bit, as we all did so we could get away from the embracing process and I accidentally banged into Derek and fell to the ground, or at least I did, he again didn't flinch a bit. "This is why you don't walk Miss" Derek said picking me up from the ground for the third time or so. "How long are you going to do this?" I asked. "Until you learn to walk" Derek said, laughing a bit and I rolled my eyes. "This is why you're so annoying" I muttered under my breath, I didn't intend anyone to hear but Derek managed to. "What was that you say?" He said "Oh I said something? Must've been about how..." I said, thinking of a word to say, I obviously wasn't going to say what I actually said in front of the children as it was very un lady like. "How..how much of a gentlemen you are" I said, finishing my sentence off from before and turned my attention to the children and the 2 adults who looked pretty clueless. "Well you wanted to know what happened did you not Miss Avocet?" I said trying to get to the point.

~Emma's POV~

After Miss Peregrine explained what happened, Miss Avocet and the twins were pretty shocked at what happened but probably relieved that Miss Peregrine lived, we all are. Miss Peregrine was still laying in the arms of a muscular guy and she told us to all go outside and carry on with our friends daily lives, when we entered the loop, the time went backwards as well so it was no longer around 4pm or whatever but it was 11:30am now and we would usually be all outside playing while Miss Peregrine would be doing some things inside or preparing lunch.

Millard and Hugh did their usual, Horace excluded himself from everything and sat down, reading a book. The twins, Bronwyn and Claire were doing their little tea party. Fiona was in the new greenhouse, working on her trees she's designing while Jake, Enoch, Olive and I had to watch everyone and we decided to split up so Enoch and Olive were together while Jake and I went together.

Jake pulled out his tappy screen thingy. "Wanna take a photo?" Jake asked and I nodded in response, we were about to take a photo until we heard a loud thump inside the house. All the other children heard it and their, as well as mine and Jakes, head turned towards the house and we tried peaking through one of the big window as much as we could from where we were located.

In the window we saw Derek spinning Miss Peregrine around, it was hard to tell if she was enjoying it or not because she was laughing but holding onto him like he's about to drop her, which is a possibility. All of us were scattered in her backyard and for a few moments we just watched what was going on, Jake didn't want to ruin this moment so he leaned in closer to my ear "Do you think anything 'special' is going on between Miss Peregrine and Derek?" Jake whispered, this question got me thinking but I didn't think there was. "They just look, I don't know, happy together but I don't think it's anything serious" I said whispering back and looked back at the window.

Derek stopped spinning her around now and they were just looking at each other in the eyes, they looked locked in this moment and they were moving inches closer together. "Jake what are you doing" I asked, he was pulling his phone out again and moving closer towards the window and I followed. "Taking a photo of them" he replied as he was trying to angle his phone. "Don't forget to turn of your-" I was about to say but he already took the photo and his shiny thing went off. "turn off your big light thing.." I said finishing my sentence. We quickly bent down under the window and slowly got up again to see if they noticed it, looks like they didn't. "Check it out!" Jake said showing me the picture of them. "They look so cute!" I squealed.

A few moments later the younger children let out a soft 'Oooo' and it managed to catch Miss Peregrine's and Derek's attention, they stopped looking at each other and slowly turned their heads towards us. Me and Jake ran back to the previous space we were at and everyone carried on with what they were doing, I chuckled at the fact we all moved so fast, the bird's didn't even catch what we were doing.

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

After the children left the house to go outside and Miss Avocet finished talking to me, Derek decided to swing me around everywhere. "Stop! I swear if you drop me, I will kill you" I said only to get laughter in return. "Put me down!" I commanded but obviously he didn't listen. "I'll think about it" He replied, deep in thought "Staring contest" He said finishing off his sentence. "A staring contest? With me? You have no idea how bad you're going down" I said chuckling at the same time. "Alright try me" and with that we both starting doing our little contest.

A few moments past by and we still haven't blinked, on the corner of my eye I saw a bright light but it went away as fast as it came so I decided to ignore it. It was more silent than it usually was, usually the children would be screaming outside and running around and I heard a bit of a noise that broke the silence outside. Derek and I turned our heads only to see the children playing, which is a good sight. When he faced me again he blinked. "Hah! I win. Put me down now" and with that he did as I said. "Thank bird" I muttered under my breath and proceeded outside.