~Chapter 30~

Note: Does anyone remember the time when they were in the ymbryne academy and there was this part where Derek changed her and there were scars? Yeah just pretend I didn't mention the word scar, cause I have this idea but it won't work if she has scars on her arms. Sorry for this confusion lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Third POV~

"No, wait! Ugh. Hold on! Slow down, be careful! Watch you step Bronwyn!" Miss Peregrine was shouting through the hallways, the children were all so eager to get to Jake's, they were rushing around and only half of their brains were paying attention to their head mistress. "No running! Stop." Miss Peregrine yelled to a few children that were running and cradling the clothing they had at the same time, trying to get them to Miss Peregrine who were packing the clothing in their bags. "STOP. EVERYONE" Miss Peregrine shouted at the top of her lungs, standing up since she was crouching and everyone stopped in their movements. "Okay, I need you all to listen. Right now it is 1:45 and we're barely half way so it would be much appreciated if you all would just listen to me and pass the clothing's one by one so I know whose it is" She said, sounding a bit stressful and Emma managed to pick that up. 

"We're sorry Miss Peregrine, were just excited to venture through the outside world, why don't you just get Derek and Caul to help, they aren't doing anything." Emma said, pointing to Derek and Caul, who were sitting on the couch together, eating 2 bags of chips. "We- we are d-doing something, were watching you fail" Derek said sarcastically to Miss Peregrine, chips falling out of his mouth as he spoke and all he got in return was a very annoyed look from Miss Peregrine. "I'm kidding! You're doing a great job" Derek said, turning back around, since their backs were facing them and he held his thumb up in the air. 

After turning around, Derek leaned closer to Caul. "She isn't doing very good" Derek whispered but of course the bird was never the one to miss any sounds. In more than a blink Miss Peregrine is already in front of the couch. "Totally didn't just hear that. I might take what Emma said, now put whatever you're eating and help me" She said, yanking both of them to their feet. "Ugh" Caul moaned. "Unfortunately you're not kids anymore, you can learn to help rather than sitting around and eating" Miss Peregrine stated. 

Splitting up the bags, the 3 of them all got a few bags and set off to do what they were supposed to as the children brought their clothes to them.

"Ugh. Finally" The 3 adults said, all collapsing onto the couches. "That took a lifetime" Caul stated. "No it didn't" Miss Peregrine said, quickly disagreeing. "Whatever" Caul said, rolling his eyes. "What's the time? We have to be there before 3" Derek said, changing the subject. With that, Miss Peregrine's eyes flew to the clock above the living room doorway. "2:30" She said, relaxing, not actually noticing what she said. A few moments her eyes flickered. "Wait. 2:30. We have to go! We have to walk to Mr. Portmans house and apparently he doesn't live close to here" Miss Peregrine exclaimed and all of them forced each muscle inside of them to wake up.

"Children! Please make your way downstairs. We're going now!" Miss Peregrine said, throwing 2 bags over each shoulder and wheeling 2 suitcases while the other 2 adults held everything else. The children rushed downstairs, making a huge noise while trying not to fall over and hurt themselves. "We're here" Fiona said and Miss Peregrine began counting them just to be sure that everyone is here. "Alright. Stick close alright? No one get lost" Miss Peregrine said, stepping out of the way from the door so they could go through and then she did. 

Stepping outside, they took a few steps until she noticed. "Wait a second" Miss Peregrine said, rushing inside to grab her crossbow. "Are you serious?" Derek whispered. "Yes. This thing might be our only thing saving us right now" Miss Peregrine stated and then they left the loop.

"How hot is it" Enoch moaned, tilting his head backward. "Miss Peregrine, are we nearly there yet?" Millard asked. "Should be" Miss Peregrine said, she still wore her heavy clothing that she always did and yes, she was very hot in it so she didn't feel like talking. "Miss Peregrine, can you carry me?" Claire asked, standing in front of her headmistress. With a sigh, she agreed. "Carry this" Miss Peregrine said to Derek, holding one of the bags that were once on her shoulder and one of the suitcases, then lifted Claire. 

Not even 2 minutes had passed and the twins wanted to hold her hands so she had to get rid of the other suitcase and hold their hands, finally, they carried on walking and was just a few houses away.

~Jake's POV~

"Hey Jake, are those your friends?" Mom yelled at me, she was looking out of the window every now and then in case they did come, which they were and so I decided to get up and check through the window. "Yeah" I responded. "How can that lady in the purple-ish big clothing hold a bag, a child, hold someone's hand and wear big clothing on a day like this without being irritated" Mom said. "Oh mom, that is Miss Peregrine you're talking about" I responded, chuckling at how she put little to describe Miss Peregrine. 

"What one is her husband and which one is her brother?" Mom blurted out. "Husband, excuse me?" I asked. "Yeah, isn't that guy her husband?" She asked, pointing at Derek "No, that's her friend" I said and she simply walked away, I decided to wait until they knocked on the door.

A few minutes later the expected sound of a knock became audible, mom made her way towards the door and answered it, stepping aside so they all could come in one by one and I decided not to be rude and greet them in. 

"Hi I'm Fiona, this is Hugh, Millard and Bronwyn" Fiona said, pointing to what name belonged to who and moved in. "This is Horace, Olive, Emma and I'm Enoch" Enoch said, moving inside. "Caul. Derek." Caul said, pointing to Derek, and finally, the master of them all, Miss Peregrine. "I do apologize for the amount of trouble we might've already caused you Mrs Portman. Alma Peregrine, delighted to meet you. This is Claire, and these 2 are the twins" Miss Peregrine said as the twins moved closer to her leg, hiding behind her and Claire quickly threw my mom a toothless smile before burying her face into Miss Peregrine's neck. "They get shy sometimes" Miss Peregrine sighed. 

"I'm Maryann Portman, and of course you haven't caused any trouble, you just got here! I'm sure we would love to have you company. Unfortunately, Jacob's father is at work at the moment so he'll have to wait until he get's to meet you all." Mom said with one of her many polite voices she would use whenever someone came over. "Claire" Miss Peregrine said, trying to put Claire down. "Claire, it's alright" Miss Peregrine said, Claire was clinging onto her. "Claire, let go, you'll be fine. Polite person's do not do this" Miss Peregrine stated and Claire decided to obey her and quickly ran to Enoch as the twins were still hiding behind the bird. "I apologize for that, it's been quite a change for them and especially the little ones, they aren't as comfortable, they will come around soon. I hope" Miss Peregrine said, gazing at all the children who were now sitting in the living room and she quickly made her way to them, quickly followed by me and my mom.