~Chapter 35~

(A/N is all in the last published for further information on where I have been)

~Third POV~

A couple of hours later, Miss Peregrine, Derek and those who helped them get all the items out of the car, had finally finished doing so and when the last bag had been placed, they instantly collapsed onto the couch, except for Miss Peregrine of course, she thinks it's 'unladylike' apparently and instantly moved her eyes towards the clock that hung on the wall and saw that it was almost 3:30pm and decided to start preparing for their third meal.

"Does she ever stop working? I swear, my legs are literally broken. You have no idea" Derek said as his voice was muffled with the couch since he was laying with his stomach down. "Yeah...sometimes I ask myself the same thing...she even carries Claire while holding someone else's hand! Hell, she can even walk down the stairs and make it look like the most simplest thing in the world" Enoch replied and swung his head of the chair arm as Emma agreed to him.

"Hey, we should ask Miss P if we can help with supper?" Olive suggested. "Yeah, but she will never let us I mean..." Millard said. "Oh my gosh, I didn't even know you were there" Jake said and clutched his heart with his hand as if it were to jump out if he didn't. "We all have our flaws" Millard said and got up to grab his clothes which were sitting in the corner and put them on so he actually looked a bit more visible.

"Why won't she let you help often? If I had to make a meal that big, I probably won't be able to do it alone" Derek said and sat up. "Yeah well that's the thing...you're not Miss Peregrine...she has her perks and perfections that most people can't do" Enoch responded, rolling his eyes. "But the reason why she won't let us help is because of all the sharp and hot things in the kitchen" Emma added. "I see why a kitchen is a women's favorite place" Derek mumbled under his breath but still gained some questioning looks from the children that were in the living room but waved a hand dismissively to not worry about it.

"Why though? Aren't most of you old enough to help out in the kitchen?" Derek asked with questionable look on his face. "Yes, in fact we are considering the fact we all are, except for Jake, around or upcoming to the age of being 60" Enoch gritted through his teeth feeling slightly annoyed that he doesn't get the opportunity to do more things around here to help, I mean, what if Miss Peregrine suddenly drops dead? Who gonna look after them? They barely know the basic facts in the kitchen without using their peculiarities.

Who knows, but they found themselves drifting away from the topic and talking about random things for a few hours until Miss Peregrine had called everyone for dinner, some creating a loud thump as they ran downstairs and greeted by the smell they smelt most nights on the same exact time, but nonetheless, they always enjoyed it.

~ Time skip to bed time~

"Miss Peregrine, can you put me to bed?" Claire asked as she and Miss Peregrine stood at the bottom of the stairs and extended her arms to her headmistress and her delicate feet which were touching the ground, lifted from it and being held in those protective arms as they made their way upstairs and into the room.

Miss Peregrine proceeded to put Claire to bed and eventually saying goodnight to everyone whilst tucking them into bed and she made her way to the room she shared with the two other male adults, followed by one of them as Caul was already on the bed, probably playing on his phone.

"Hey guys" Caul said when he heard his sister and Derek walk into the room, the door shutting behind them but kept his eyes fixed on the tiny screen in his hand.

"What is that anyways" Miss Peregrine said and sat on the chair that was in the corner, watching Caul on the bed tapping away with his large fingers as she remembered seeing multiple people on those at the mall.