~Chapter 23~

Note: I didn't say this in the last chapter but sorry for the long wait lol, I had my lil cousin over and she was beyond annoying so I had to look after her and all and we had to go to visit the hospital a lot and go places and stuff like that and beyond all, I've probably just been a bit to lazy to work on it cause I've done SO much running around and I have to go shopping for my school equipment (it's the summer holidays for me in NZ and school hasn't started yet) so forgive me, and since school is up soon I won't be updating as much but I'll try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Miss Peregrine's POV~

"Finally we are back! Thank every bird that we made it back!" Enoch yelled, slowing dropping onto his knee's as if he were to be begging to spare his life or something. "Yes, now we, except for Miss Peregrine, walk up these stairs" Emma said. "do I have to walk up these stairs in my human form or can I change?" Derek asked but Emma shook her head meaning that he has to walk up as a human, besides how could he carry me if he's in any of his other forms. "Seriously? I'm going to die walking up those stairs, not by holding your dear mistress but because of the amount of stairs, I probably only walked these once in my life and it was the most tiring time ever" Derek said as the children slowly made their way up the staircase and he followed with Emma right next to us.

"It's like every memory I spent here is floating around" I said as my head wandered around the room as much as it could. "Can you tell some to us Miss Peregrine?" Emma asked, there wasn't really much to say honestly, most of my memories were pretty boring but it was where I was close to my own mentor, Miss Avocet.

"None of them are pretty dramatic. I wasn't a loud person in my young age, I mostly spent my time with Miss Avocet but sometimes Derek and I used to come here, you know, get away from all the things happening. This place was actually the first place I met my only friend, Ella, she is also an ymbryne but a bluejay. She didn't have a loop when I met her, she was told to stay at the academy until I brought her back with me to Miss Avocet, who gladly took her in. Maybe she's back at the house, I haven't got a chance to properly see the remaining students Miss Avocet brought back with her. I hope she managed to get Ella" I said replying to Emma.

"Ah yes, your mistress was never the one to talk, in fact she never spoke to me when I was nothing but new to Miss Avocet's loop, quite disrespectful in my state of mind" Derek said. "Okay first of all, I was close to new as well. You know that something tragic happened to me and I didn't want to talk to anyone" I replied giving him a stern look which he couldn't see since he was looking at the staircase. "That's great Miss Peregrine! I hope your friend is there too" Emma said changing the subject with a smile.

After some time we managed time we managed to get to the room I'm guessing they stayed in for the first few days. "Okay you can put Miss Peregrine down now" Emma said and I carefully but aggressively got my feet onto the ground. "Okay well was she heavier than before?" Emma asked. "Nah, I'm just...just...really tried from...those...stairs..jesus" Derek replied, puffing at the same time.

"So you are light! How?" Emma asked excitedly "Well I probably weigh as much as I do as my bird form when I'm in my human form Emma" I replied and Emma looked like as if it were to be the most obvious thing. "Impossible" Emma said under her breath but was still able to be heard.

"Miss Peregrine you said we could go home because there was a place in this academy that takes us to each loop, where is it exactly? It was the reason why we walked these stairs, to get to that place" Enoch said pushing himself through the children that stood in front of him so he could become eye to we with me. "Oh. Did I mention that it's downstairs?" and with that I slowly watched all the children's mouth drop into a priceless expression. "So we walked up here for nothing?" Millard asked and I nodded. "This is why you never say thank every bird because one is not a good one" Enoch muttered under his breath but it was still audible.

"Better get a move on, wouldn't want to keep the twins and Miss Avocet waiting" Derek said picking me up again from behind. "Are you serious? I've been touching the ground for only like 3 minutes and now I can't touch it? Is it like illegal for me to be walking? You can put me down you know." I whispered. "Yes I am serious, you can't touch it, yeah it's pretty illegal for you to touch the ground and yes I know I can put you down now that we aren't under Emma's commands but I don't want to" Derek said. "You do know you're extremely stubborn right?" I asked and he nodded which annoyed me even more. With that we followed everyone downstairs, Caul decided to fly down though, looks like he couldn't be bothered to walk down.

After exactly 10 minutes 30 seconds we managed to get down, walking extremely slow and I guided them to the room with all the entrances to the loops. "Find the one with A.LF.P" I said and they started searching, most of the loop entrances we had were gone since they were raided by all the hollows and wights, there were only a few left so it wasn't that hard to find.

"Home sweet home" Enoch said walking into the transporter who was followed by everyone else.

We watched as the room around us changed into the place we have been living in for a few months now.

~Jake's POV~

As we stepped in, the place was turning into Miss Peregrines hallway in her house but not the way any of us expected it. There was a big mess right in front us, the furniture flipped over, clothing everything, paintings falling and off the wall and we heard foot prints upstairs, they belonged to Miss Avocet and then we heard laughter, looks like Miss Avocet was having a bit of a problem.

"Okay in a few seconds were all going to be knocked to the ground because we just sped through time a bit to much for example, 1500 to 2017, so you'll feel a big wind" Miss Peregrine said way to fast that it was barely audible. Derek turned around so he was facing the way that the wind was coming in order to not hurt Miss Peregrine but probably himself since she's going to land on him and we all did the same, except we weren't holding a woman but Caul he mustn't have heard because he was turning into his human form.

SWOOSH. The wind hit us all in the face, causing us to hit the ground except for Caul who hit the wall. The wind would've been to strong for his bird form and as he was changing the wind hit him and by the time he hit the wall, he was human, but one that just got splat onto the wall. Miss Peregrine was on top of Derek, Emma and Olive were on top of each other, Bronwyn was pushed to the little table that was supposed to be standing in the hallway, Claire and Enoch were holding onto each other, Horace, Millard, Hugh and Fiona were laying on the ground.

"What in the name of bird happened to you guys?!" Miss Avocet asked, helping each of us up.