~Chapter 39~

A/N ~ I'm sorry that the last chapter as really crappy. I actually didn't know what to write for it and in total, I think that it just makes zero sense but I kinda want to make Derek's character more useful but don't worry, I will still pay attention to Miss Peregrine. Please, comment you idea's down below if you have any or you can just DM me!! 

A few days later A/N - I JUST SAW WONDER WOMAN AND OMG IT'S ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. Okay, sorry xD

~Third POV~

After the peculiar group walked outside and all met there, they decided it would be best if Derek took the car with all of their luggage inside of it to make the walk lighter. So, with that, Miss Peregrine, Caul and all the children set off back home. 

"Thank bird! What on earth took you so long to get back? I thought you would be coming back the day after you left!" Miss Avocet's voice sounded through the house the minute one of them opened the door. "Calm down, Esmeralda. We're here now, are we not?" Miss Peregrine smirked and they all walked in, closing the door behind the. 

"And where is Mr Hale?" Miss Avocet asked, squinting her eyes when she scanned the peculiar bunch to see one missing. "I'm sure he'll be here soon" Miss Peregrine smiled, which tells Miss Avocet she needn't to worry. 

"Now, now, children. I need you all to stay close at all times for  your own safety, please. If I am not around, Emma, Olive, Enoch and Jake shall be in charge" Miss Peregrine dismissed and they all walked away, including Caul, leaving Miss Peregrine and her former caretaker standing around. 

"Why did you need to warn them? Surely they would have already known. Did something go wrong?" Miss Avocet contemplated. "Apparently so. I perhaps have a brother that goes by the name of Myron Bentham" And at the end of Miss Peregrine's sentence, Miss Avocet's head shot straight up and Miss Peregrine could have sworn she heard a gulping noise coming out of Miss Avocet. 

"What? What's wrong? You look like as if the color has been drained for you" Miss Peregrine joked but her face became serious when Miss Avocet didn't make a reaction to the sudden joke. 

"Myron Bentham? You do know who is he, correct?" Miss Avocet looked a bit skeptical as she tried getting onto the same page as Miss Peregrine. "I believe so, I have just told you he happens to be a relative of mine? Perhaps do you know him?" Miss Peregrine asked with one of her many confused expressions. 

"Oh, the almighty Myron Bentham, yes. Shortly after your wards had defeated Mr Barron and the wights, Myron pushed aside everything he had been doing and is now doing his best in picking up from where Mr Barron had last left off. He has now re opened up the Devil's Acre. He is a very dangerous person, Alma, you do not want to put you or your children anywhere near that man, for his work before continuing Mr Barron's mission stretched throughout the peculiar history" The woman before her spoke, shaking her head, recalling memories of stories she had heard of Myron. 

~Meanwhile, Derek...~

Surprisingly, it did take a bit of time trying to fix all of the luggage into the car, depending on how small it was. But by the time he had eventually fit everything into the car, the peculiar group had already marched all the way back to the house. 

He started driving slowly down the road, turning a few corners but something abruptly made him stop. "What was that?" He spoke to himself, although he thought he did. He stepped out of the vehicle to be met with a Coyote wolf. He tried picking the wolf up in order to try and help it but whenever he did so, it would try scrambling away and a few brief moments later, he found out why. 

The animal started shifting into a human form. "Malia?" He squinted his eyes to get a better look. What on earth was his sister doing here? Surely he was just imagining all of this. "You have 2 days. Be ready" She spoke carefully but soon as her statement came to an end, she took off with the wind, leaving Derek clearly confused. 

But nonetheless, he got back into car and starting driving again, glancing back at the time in the car since the calendar was also located there and he wasn't gonna lie, the date looks awfully familiar but he couldn't seem to put his finger on whatever seems so familiar.

A few corners later, he made it into the loop entrance and parked in front of the house. 

"What is that hideous noise?" Miss Avocet asked Miss Peregrine, interrupting the silence that had made its way between the two of them. "Oh, that must be Derek" Miss Peregrine responded, chuckling at Miss Avocet's face for she was obviously confused and didn't understand what Miss Peregrine was talking about. 

Brief moments later, Derek walked in, carrying a couple of luggage's from the car and Miss Peregrine decided to get the rest, leaving Derek glaring and Miss Avocet but after a few seconds he rolled his eyes and carried the luggage upstairs.

"Hey, Alma. I'm sorry for what happened before...with your brother. We have a bit of a complicated history" He hung his head but Miss Peregrine brought it back up with her index finger so his eyes can meet hers, even though he was like, a head taller than her. "It's okay. I understand, besides, I have learned that he is not a very good man and whatever he did, he probably deserved it" She smiled and they both started making their way to the stairs.

"Hey, random question but do you know anything that is supposed to happen in 2 days?" He asked as they were about to walk down the stairs. "Not that I know of. Why do you ask?" She asked, taking the first step down with Derek trailing behind. "Well, because my sister, Malia -" He started but was cut off. "Wait. You have sister?!" Miss Peregrine exclaimed, realizing she said her thoughts out loud. "I have 3" He rolled his eyes, recalling memories they were especially, annoying. 

"You have got to tell me about your family later" She said, letting him carry on with his sentence. "As I was driving back to the house, my sister Malia popped out of no where and she just said a few words and disappeared. The thing that caught my attention was when she said '2 days' and I can swear when I looked at what the date was in two days, that is was so familiar but I can't seem to bring it up" He asked and the two of them absentmindedly wandered into the kitchen. 

"Look, whatever your sister was trying to tell you, I can guarantee that it will come to you soon. And since we are here, I'm going to get started on supper. You can help if you like" She offered and they both moved to start making their final meal of the day

~~~~~~~~~~

Behhhhhh. If you guys are confused for what the Devil's Acre is. In the Miss Peregrine books written by Ransom Riggs, the Blackpool by London is where/what the Devil's Acre is. Basically where Caul worked in the book. 

Also, sorry for the poor grammar and interests in this chapter.