Chapter 17

JAY POV

I was going to have another asthma attack I knew it. Then Jordan spoke in barely a whisper, her eyes starting to close. ‘It hurts Jay. Make it stop.’

‘What’s hurting? Where?’

‘Everywhere, it feels like aching.’

Tom started shouting at Jack to let Jordan out to get some medical help but Jack was arguing back. After a minute or two, my own head felt dizzy and I could feel the asthma attack starting. Eventually Jack and Tom stopped arguing. He untied Tom and they both walked over. Tom took Jordan from my arms and Jack pulled me up. We had already started walking towards the door when I realised what was going on.

‘Jordan! I will stay in here, I don’t care, please let her go and get help, she’s almost unconscious.’ I expected a sneer of a reply from Jack but I heard Tom reply.

‘Mate, I will look after her I promise. You need to get out of here and get another inhaler.’ I felt something wet fall down my face. This was the first time since I had been in the band that I had cried in front of one of the boys.

‘Please... just make sure she is ok.’

I was nearly at the door when I heard Jordan speak. I turned round to see her curled up in Tom’s arms. It killed me seeing her like that, I wanted to be the one holding her and stroking her head. Instead I was leaving her here, in this mess.

‘I love you Jay McGuiness.’ She whispered.

‘I love you too. So much.’

SIVA POV

We were all huddled in a group talking about the dramatic events. None of us were expecting the door to open so when it did, we all ran over to see Jay stumble out. His face was covered in tears but he couldn’t breathe. Luckily Max had told the police about Jay’s asthma and so an ambulance had arrived. We watched as he clutched his chest before sinking to his knees. It was as if everything went in slow motion. We watched in silence as the paramedics rushed over to him with an oxygen mask. They managed to stabilise his breathing and we hurried over to him.

‘Jay, what happened?’ I said.

‘They drugged Jordan. She went all weak and now she’s unconscious and I had to leave her in there.’ He cried.

‘They did what?’ said Amber. ‘Why is he such an arsehole. He was never like this, why has he turned into a psycho.’ Max patted her shoulder.

‘People change. At least Tom is still there with her.’

A police man approached us.

‘We are about to enter the building, so you may want to move away from the door, just in case they shoot.’ We helped Jay up and we moved to the other side of the road where we all sat on the curb facing the door. Jay was continuously running his hand through his hair so Chloe grabbed his hand and held it tight.

‘They are going to be fine, we just need to wait’ she said to him in a reassuring way. We then heard the police enter the building and demanded Jack to lower his weapon.

AMBER POV

We could hear Jack arguing with the police and the police shouting back. He wasn’t giving up without a fight. I knew Jack would be in prison for a long time after this but I wouldn’t feel safe until he was behind bars. We all sat on the curb holding hands, waiting for the moment they would bring Tom and Jordan out. Then everything suddenly went quiet. Then there was a loud bang, a gunshot. I looked at Max who had gone completely pale. Jay, however shot up and ran to the door, banging on the glass. The remaining officers outside refused to let him in the door but he stood with his face to the glass, trying to see who was injured. I got up and ran to him and we hugged, waiting for news on our loved ones.

JORDAN POV

I heard a loud bang and knew straightaway what it was. The last of my consciousness allowed me to open my eyes for a few seconds. I could see Tom’s face close to mine but his eyes were closed. His breathing was so slow that for a moment, I feared the worst. We were lying down now, he had obviously fell but he had not let go of me. He had kept his promise to Jay, that he would look after me. I didn’t know what was going on around us but I felt safe in his arms, his warm body giving heat to mine. I knew no more harm would come to us and so I allowed my consciousness to slip away and my head rest on Tom’s shoulder, my eyes closing.