Chapter 14

NATHAN POV

We entered the cool, brightly lit shop and started to look round whilst we waited for Jay and Jordan. I was so glad they had sorted out their differences and were back together, they really did make a cute couple. I decided I was going to forgive Becky. Although I was really angry at what she had done, I was missing her too much to not be with her. When we got back to England, I’m going to ask her if she wants to give it another go. Just then, I heard a familiar Irish accent. I went round the corner of the aisle to see Siva and Chloe. They must’ve left the hotel before any of us had woken up.

‘Hey Nath, how’s it going? I heard about what happened last night, how are you?’ he said. ‘I’m ok, Jay and Jordan are good but Toms gone.’ I replied.

‘Gone? What do you mean?’

‘We think he must’ve got a flight back to England this morning but none of us can get in touch with him.’ I explained.

‘You ring Jayne, and I will try Tom’s phone again’ he said. By then the others had come round the corner and Jay and Jordan had also come in the shop, hand in hand.

The others stood in silence as Siva rang Tom. This time he did pick up and Siva put the phone on loudspeaker.

‘Hi mate, I’ve put you on loudspeaker, where are you?’.

‘Back in England. I’ve caused too much trouble, I needed to get away.’

‘We are going to get a flight back this afternoon, is there any chance you could meet us at the airport?’

There was a pause before Tom shouted ‘Why? Who would want me to come and see them after what I’ve caused?’

I could see Amber wanted to say something so I nudged her to start speaking.

‘I do Tom. I miss you so much, and I don’t care what happened I just want to be with you. So please come to the airport.’ A tear trickled down her face. I put my arm around her shoulder and spoke to Tom.

‘Anyway mate, it wasn’t just your fault it was Becky as well.’

There was another short pause before he replied. ‘Alright then, let me know when you are nearly back and what gate you are at.’ He said.

We all said bye and Siva hung up. I then rang Jayne to tell her we would be flying back today and that Tom was already back. We then made our way back to the hotel.

We all went to our separate rooms to start packing our things up. When I got to my room, I found Becky lying on the bed. ‘Hey. Erm, you need to pack your stuff up, we are going back to England this afternoon, Tom has already gone back.’ I said. The atmosphere was so awkward. When she didn’t respond I sat on the bed so I could see her face. It was stained with tear marks and smudged make up. I sat her up and she leant on my shoulder.

Then she finally spoke. ‘I bet you hate me don’t you?’

‘No Becky. I was angry at what you did, but I love you too much to let you go that easily.’ She burst out into a fresh set of tears. ‘I’m... so sorry... I... love you...Nathan’ she said between tears. I rubbed her back as we cuddled her on the bed.

‘We will sort this out properly when we get back to England, yeah? Now I think it would be best if you go apologise to Amber and I will pack our things.’ She rubbed the smudged make up from her face before leaving the room. I started to pack everything.

ON THE PLANE

AMBER POV

I was so happy Becky had apologised, she was one of my best friends, I knew she wouldn’t have done it to hurt me. I had told everyone to forget about what had happened out here and for us all to have a fresh start with each other. We were nearly ready to land now and I couldn’t wait to see Tom again.

We finally landed and came out the gate. We were about to make our way downstairs to collect our bags when Jordan said she needed the toilet. ‘I’m desperate! I will go up here and meet you down there, it takes ages for the bags to come through anyway.’

JORDAN POV

The others headed down the escalator as I headed to the toilet. The airport was quite busy, but not busy enough for certain people to stand out. I had noticed a man watching us come out of the landing area, but I didn’t pay any attention. As I was walking to the toilet, I could see him following me. Being alone, I began to feel scared. I quickened my pace before reaching the ladies toilets and locking myself in a cubicle. I was the only person in here. I pulled out my phone and rang Jay.

‘What’s up?’ he said.

‘Jay, please come to the toilet, I think someone’s following me.’ I whispered as I had just heard the main door open. I could see under my door the big heavy boots waiting outside the cubicle.

‘Jordan? Speak to me.’ I heard Jay’s voice through the phone but I couldn’t reply. He hung up, so he must be on his way up I thought. Then the man started to bang loudly on the cubicle door. How long could I hold him off for...