Chapter 3

It was the next day, the day we were meeting up with the boys. The girls had all replied straightaway to the text I had sent and were now all round my house getting ready. Luckily, my ankle had improved loads overnight and was hardly hurting anymore.

‘Shorts or playsuit?’ Becky said looking in the mirror holding both against her.

‘Playsuit’ we all said at the same time. I had already chose my outfit, a simple black dress with red heels, Jordan had high waisted shorts and a loose vest, Abi had a blue and white floral dress and Chloe had her tribal jumpsuit on.

‘I can’t believe we are going out with The Wanted!’ Jordan said excitedly.

‘Will Max be there? Abi asked. ‘Yeah I imagine so.’ I said. Abi suddenly went quiet for the rest of the time we were getting ready. I knew something was up but I didn’t want to push her into an explanation.

The boys pulled up outside at 8pm and came to the front door. ‘Hey’ said Tom pulling me into a hug. ‘You look gorgeous’ he said. ‘You don’t look so bad yourself.’ I said grinning. I waved to Jay and then he introduced me to the other boys, of course I knew who they were really. ‘This is Nathan, Siva and Max’ he said pointing to each one in turn. I said Hi to each and they all came in.

‘Boys, this is Abi, Becky, Chloe and Jordan.’ I said. Everyone started talking to each other and after about 15 minutes we all went to get in the minibus outside. I climbed in next to Tom and we both watched as Nathan helped Becky into the van and rushed to sit next to her. ‘He is like a little excited puppy’ Tom whispered in my ear. I laughed. Jay and Jordan were having a long conversation as they got in and Chloe and Siva seemed to be getting on well. ‘Where are Max and Abi?’ Jordan asked.

‘I thought they were right behind us’ Siva said.

Max’s POV

‘Do they know, your friends?’ I asked her.

‘No, and I don’t plan on telling them just yet, now let’s get back to the bus before everyone wonders where we are.’ Abi said before turning around and walking to the van.

I sighed before following her to the bus.

BACK TO AMBER’S POV

‘Where were you two?’ I asked.

‘Oh, I couldn’t find my phone, Max helped me look for it.’ Abi said.

We set off into town, but I couldn’t help but notice the looks Max and Abi were giving each other. Something wasn’t right...