Chapter 2

‘Er, actually my name’s Tom but... yeah’ he held out his hand to help me up.

I grabbed it and pulled myself up, without taking my eyes off him. I was still taking in all his handsomeness, his cropped trousers, white pumps, plain grey vest and his little fringe which was so cute. I went to walk but swore as I put pressure on the foot I had fell on.

‘We need to get you to a hospital straightaway and get your ankle checked out’ he said looking at me nervously.

‘Honestly, thanks for the offer, but I have to go, my mum is outside in the car.’ I smiled at him gratefully.

‘Well, let me help you to your car at least, this was my fault after all’ he said pointing at my foot. ‘But I just need to wait for some... BIRD OVER HERE!’ shouted Tom suddenly. This was obviously who he had been waiting for. ‘Eya mate’ said Tom hugging Jay.

‘Who’s this then eh Tom, you pulled again!’ Jay said looking impressed.

‘Mate, I just knocked her over! Help me get her to her car’ he explained. They both held my arms as I limped towards the car. They said Hi to my mum and helped me in the back of the car. ‘Hey, we are going out tomorrow night, do you want to come with us and maybe bring some of your lovely lady friends?’ said Jay cheekily.

‘Maybe, why Jay, you looking for someone?’ I winked at him.

‘Maybe.’ He said winking back.

Tom then pushed Jay out the way and leant in the car. Here’s my number, call me tomorrow if you can make it, we will get a taxi to come and pick you up.’

He scribbled down his number on an empty gum wrapper he found in his pocket. I raised my eyebrows at him. ‘Classy Parker’ I laughed at him.

‘See you tomorrow then?’ He asked. ‘I will check my diary’ I replied laughing. He gave me a hug and said bye to my Mum before getting out the car. I said bye to Jay and then we drove off. As soon as we pulled off I grabbed my phone, typed in the number and text Tom. ‘Missing you already, can’t wait for tomorrow :) A xx.’ I then opened a new text and typed ‘Hope you are free tomorrow night, we are going to town with these FIT lads I just met. Need cheering up after what happened with Jack anyway! Hope you can come :) xx’ I sent it to my friends Becky, Abi, Jordan and Chloe and then put my phone in my pocket. What was I going to wear tomorrow?