Selective memories

Start from the beginning

I slowly closed the door and began onto my way out the hospital when I heard my name being called from afar. " Ah, oppa Hae-ju." I heard.

I slowly turned around to see Ae-ra. She waved me over but beside her was Ju-won. They sat in the hospital cafeteria, his look calculated me with just his eyes visible behind the cup he drank from.

" If I make you uncomfortable you should go on ahead." Ju-won said to me.

I looked at my watch then nodded my head:" Let's say I am uncomfortable, in reality I just have more important things to attend to." I responded.

I looked to Ae-ra and gave a nod. " See you soon, you eventually stop by anyways." I scoffed as I opened the door and was on my way to the liquor store a few blocks away from the hospital.

—" Your oldest wine." I said to the cashier as I looked around the store. He charged my card, I picked up what I bought as raced back to my car.

On the way to picking up somethings for Dalnim I couldn't help but think of that day on the way back to her house. She sat in her car, I was following her with a car in between ours.

She just suddenly stopped driving and stared into her right. Even when the cars were honking at her, there was no reaction, as I remembered my gaze of her from her left side mirror  as she trembled and squirmed as if she was being tortured in thought.

" Save me." I saw her mouth to herself, she wasn't aware of my presence that day. How was she calling to for help when there was no one beside her?" Was all I could think of.

—I cleared my head, when I heard a honk as the red light I stopped at turned green. After a few turns I found myself in front of her place, a few other cars parked about.

" They must be here." I said to myself. I walked into the house and looked at the shoes that sat about in front of the door.

I switched my shoes for slippers and walked inside.

" Ah! He's here!" Dalnim called out.

She quickly stood up with a smile jogged over from the table where they were all gathered and had already started eating.

Dalnim in excitement chuckled and pulled me beside her with her hands wrapped around mine.

" Eomma, Appa this is Hae-ju the  one I told you about." She said.

I bowed and placed out the wine and some fruits before me. " Excuse me being a bit late I had to visit someone." I said.

Her father was as good looking as her mother, It could've been assumed even with their differences that you'd not doubt they were her parents because she too was so good looking.

" At least it was for a good cause." Her father chuckled as he came over from the table pat my  back and took the wine.

" Ah ye!" I smiled with a bow

Her bother pointed his chopsticks at me, and shook his head.

" look at him he's nervous, it's true even the rich are human after all." Her brother teased.

"Oppa!" Dalnim called out.

" Bohya? What?" He responded back playfully.

" It was an observation and not like I said something mean." Her brother said as he set down his chopsticks and looked at his sister.

" Even so... whom are you shouting at so freely? Now that you have a boyfriend you don't need me?" He asked.

He picked up the chopsticks again and pointed at Dalnim who was hiding behind me, acting cute in a mannerism I hadn't ever seen.