Father dearest

Hae-Ju

As I gazed at the building, my eyes trailed up its towering structure that seemed to pierce through the sky like a sword, ready for battle. Looking from my car window, my head laid against the car seat, I watched as the shadow of my past self walked into the building, just to sit in the chair at the office fearful of when I'd be able to leave my father's reach.

Now here I was.  The building in front of me felt like a battlefield, with its towering structure and imposing presence. The sleek glass windows glinted in the sun, a harsh contrast to the heavy weight that lay in my chest. In my experiences, my coy mannerism made this day inevitable. I would have to retaliate one day, now here I was. This was the moment that would define me, the moment that would show whether I was strong enough to stand up to my father. It was also the only way I could prove to Dalnim that I was nothing like the man responsible for her parent's death.

For years, I had been a mere pawn in my father's game. I had sat in that same office, a puppet controlled by his strings, always looking for a way to escape his grasp. And now, I was here to claim what was rightfully mine, to take back the control that had been stripped away from me.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for the confrontation that lay ahead. As I imagined the look on his face when I revealed that I now owned the company, a rush of excitement and anticipation filled me. I could picture his expression of shock and disbelief, his eyes widening in surprise as he realized what had just transpired. I anticipated his face contorting with resistance at the reality, his eyes widening in surprise.

But I knew that I couldn't let my thoughts be consumed by fear or a false achievement. At least not until it all actually happened. I had to focus on the task at hand. I felt a surge of energy and determination well up inside of me, replacing the fear with a steely resolve.

As I sat in my car, my mind racing with thoughts of the impending confrontation, I was startled by the sound of another vehicle pulling up next to me. Looking up, I saw Ae-ra stepping out of the car. She approached my car with a half-smile, her movements imbued with a sense of awkwardness.  She tapped the window of my car, and began waving with a small gesture that belied the weight of the moment.

Despite the weighty atmosphere, her presence was a welcome relief. She dressed in a crisp white blouse and a flowing skirt that accentuated her slim figure. Her hair was pulled back in a neat ponytail, highlighting her delicate features.

"Hey Hae-ju, it's been a while. How are you doing?" she asked, her voice soft and reassuring.

I forced a smile, trying to mask the anxiety that was bubbling up inside me. "I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking. How about you?"

"I'm good. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something," she said, her tone turning serious.

I felt apprehension, wondering what could be so urgent that she felt the need to speak to me before I faced my father. "Sure, what's up?" I asked, my voice steady despite the inner turmoil.

Ae-ra took a deep breath, and her eyes met mine with a serious expression. "I know you've been through a lot, Hae-ju. And I just wanted to say that I'm here for you, no matter what happens today."

I felt a lump form in my throat, touched by her words. "Thank you, Ae-ra.

She nodded, and then her expression turned grave. "There's something else, though. I heard a rumor that your father might be expecting you in front of the board."

My heart sank at her words, and I could feel the blood draining from my face. "What do you mean? How would he have known that?"

" Do you have a moment?" Ae-ra added, breaking me out of my thoughts.