I am okay

[ Song: Snow by Zion T ]

Dalnim

The happiness? The moment of solitude, I had around him. It couldn't be helped that I found myself being selfish in my life choices. It could be rejected at any time but for the moment I wanted to accept that I too was having fun filling in the role of Cinderella, an unexpected gift of feeling admired, after going through my ups and downs. As I too spent time with a man born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Even then, maybe the reason we connect was that despite being born with it, he never enjoyed it. I had tuned out the world for a moment to regroup with myself. Stuck in my presence for a moment that I had lost sight that I wasn't alone. He reminded me with a touch of my shoulder.

" You're thinking hard." I heard as we stood beside one another in the elevator on our way up towards the office.

" I'm just.." I looked over towards him and pressed my hands together and held them towards my chest. " You know what I'm good. Just trying to enjoy the moment I guess."

He nodded. Looked at his watch quickly and asked for the schedules he had for the day.

" Just presentations, but I believe you have a free day for the most part. A lot of everything will be me sorting out things and delivering it to Mr. Jang to let you check over." I said as I played with the tips of my fingers. I allowed them to caress one another, so I had somewhere to keep my gaze.

" Are you nervous?"

" About what?"

" I mean with the relationship we have now" Before he could continue, the elevator stopped and a group of people had begun wanting to board but at the sight of Hae-Ju they just bowed, and insisted to take the next elevator. " Usually they only act like that towards father.

" Then, it seems you've been gathering a lot of support recently." I smiled. He reached out his right hand and caressed my right cheek. Leaving me flustered again and returning to avoid his eyes.

His eyes navigated over the emergency button. I could see he wanted to pause the elevator for a moment.

" No... for all you know your father's security will report back to him on the matter. I don't need to hear all that could lead to."

He nodded in agreement and we reached our office. " Are you still going to go see your mother today?"

" I believe I will be, her birthday will be approaching soon so it is only right I see her before then, so it doesn't feel like I am only remembering her on her birthday."

I nodded in agreement. He extended and wrapped his pinky around mine discreetly before he began on his way towards his office. After an hour or so, after his presentation. I was called on by Mr.Jang to head to the chairman's office. Grabbing my binder, in preparation for some inquiries that he may have.

" Thank you, Mr.Jang," I said as I followed behind him towards the office " Of course Dalnimshi." He stood by in the corner after I entered.

I entered and bowed to the chairman, only to see Hae-Ju also in the room. We were both flustered, shared a glance towards one another. I made an effort to choose a seat that left space between Hae-Ju and me. His father glanced over and poured himself a cup of tea.  " Would you like some?"

I looked towards Hae-Ju, who gave me a subtle nod. " Ah ye, thank you." I extended my right hand and cupped my elbow with my left to receive the cup I was being handed. The teacup was monogrammed in gold artistry, small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

" There is a proverb my father grew up telling me, would you like to hear it? " He said as he placed down his tea.

" Yes, gladly."