Crashing in lust

Hae-ju

Ae-ra has still not returned therefore the amusement I received was by way of Dalnim.
I stared at her every once in a while when I'd look up from my work, yet she hasn't budged.

She always kept her work in such attentive and detailed view. As I stared at her, Mister Jang came in then softly hit my head with more paperwork to deliver for the meeting that was about to be in session.

While the workers mumbled and chuckled that I must've stayed over at Ae-ra's being why I came to work in the same clothes.

I took my time in the office alone to gather my thoughts and an effort to finish as quickly as I could, to my surprise unsure what I was trying avoid thinking about.

During our meeting, which Dalnim normally attended in my name, I raced over in order to catch ahold of her but as she saw me coming, she smiled, bowed then got up and left.

I got ahold of her arm to ask where she was going but she simply pulled out her hand from my grasp and said: " Now that you're here there's no need for me to be" She finished.

I was already seen by my father, as well as my workers, so I couldn't run away, I gave an awkward grin as I secured my seat next to my father, whom gazed towards the hall then back at me.

After the meeting was attended my father patted my back in approval before he began to walk away.

" So I should be seeing you often, good work this week." He finished out the door neither looking back to catch my eyes.

He was such a stubborn man always trying to be a blunt as possible keeping out any kind of affection.

I bowed towards his back, as he disappears before I walked back towards the stairs onto the roof top.

Like a gift of circumstance there she was. Her face looked into the wind as it blew in her thick hair, her eyes closed while she took in the crisp air.

Before I could speak I watched as she took up the cup in her hand onto her lips and took a sip. I stayed silent alittle while longer before walking a bit opposite of her towards the right to keep my distance.

Once she realized, she looked at me then returned her gaze to the scene. " you're not running away this time, I must be far enough." I teased.

She chuckled then looked at her cup before taking another sip. " The coffee is better today." She mumbled. I watched as she placed her runaway hair behind her ears. She avoided an answer on purpose.

She had a cute way of avoiding an answer when it was true but she would be too quiet for one to assume she was also lying.

" I guess, I just find it better to keep our distance, not many in our position should be so close... especially in my position I don't want the workers to get the wrong idea–– it's hard as it is." She finished then looked at me. " I don't want any rumors of an affair to start."

" Ah so it's not because you were trying to avoid me from this morning?" I asked her while she stared for a moment then turned back.

" technically in reality it wouldn't be an affair." I chuckled.

" What do you mean." As I expected her to ask, wasn't spoken. She was bizarre; things I would expect of her weren't a reality. Many would ask what I meant but she just kept her silence as if she already understood.  She just stood quiet.

The secret of Ae-ra and I's relationship was a hardship for certain, it was a hardship in itself.

I replaced Dalnim's lack of an answer with my own voice once I returned to reality.