Fragments

" Don't tell me you plan on taking his offer."

" You know me better than that eomma." I said as I laid my head down onto her lap. She brushed her hands through my afro slowly as she massaged my scalp. It has been almost three months since i've had a proper conversation with Hae-ju and now this.

"What has Hae-ju said to all of this?"

I looked over to my sister while she organized some things in the kitchen for me. " He said he cares about my safety more so he would prefer I stay out of his father's reach as much as I can." I lied.

" Well It's good that he's still cares for you but if i'm being honest as good of a man he is I can't stand the idea of you being so close to his family."

" I know."

My mother wrapped her hands around my face and gave my forehead kisses. "A beautiful woman like you. You can have any man in the world. I'm glad you found him. I like him. I just don't like the events of his father."

" He's a good man eomma. He cares for her a lot." Unnie said from the kitchen the sound of the water from the sink hitting the plates as she cleaned.

" Thanks unnie." I said.

Oppa walked in a moment after and looked about at my older sister and I. He shook his head and continued walking about.

He was not as happy to hear about how things were going to Hae-Ju but he like unnie respected it to be something that I didn't want to tell our parents about. The way our parents were. Our mother could never give him a second chance. I just knew there was more to it.

As he was. He was trying to find a way to be noble. He was trying to find a way to protect me from something. From what I wasn't sure.

" Should I braid your hair?" Eomma asked, patting my shoulder, for my attention. I was momentarily distracted by observing unnie gesture towards the front door. She stepped outside to toss the full kitchen trash away, then came back into the kitchen washing her hands.

" Ju-won." she mouthed pointing towards the door.

" It's okay eomma." I asked as I locked eyes with unnie gesturing for me to get to the door. I pretend to check my phone and then looked up to let my mother know that I had to step out for a moment. She smiled and agreed, leaving a peck on my forehead as she stood up to go help my sister in the kitchen.

" She seems to be handling it all well." She said to my sister. I placed on my coat and watched outside only to be met with Ju-won sitting on the stairs. As I was getting out there was another guest.

"Were you waiting long?" I asked as he extended his umbrella over me, It wasn't snowing hard, But the occasional fall into one's jacket everytime we passed by a tree was unpleasant. He walked with me down the block. He was wearing one of the old coats I have remembered complimenting him over in the past. His cheeks had flushed pink from the cold while the rest of him was looking slightly pale.

"Not at all. My face is sensitive though so it gets flushed really quickly."

" As I see, delicate face is it?" I joked.
He scofffed and smiled playfully while his brow attempted to look assertive. " Is that jealousy that i'm sensing Dalminshi.?"

" Oh yes, oozing with jealousy." I sarcastically responded.

He looked in my direction and chuckled while we entered a cafe. While he was shaking the umbrella outside I found a seat. Awaiting his return so that we could order something warm.

After getting tea and sitting facing one another I awaited him to proceed the conversation.
" I heard that you have been taking everything really easy. You're not too mad at him are you?"