Phases

Dalnim

I walked out of the elevator with a smile on my face, unaware to any troubles in the world that I may have felt prior to that day. Mister Kim walked out along with me, gave a small smile and stared at me till I could regain the control I needed for myself.

For the most random of reasons he seemed keen on continuing to ask me the details to the reasons for my untimely happiness.

I looked over towards him and simply asked his the reasons as to why he felt it was needed to be so nosey on such a good day.

While I was about to walk down towards my office I was surprised to see a man turned around speaking to Mister Jang.

" ah there she is." Mister jang pointed towards me.

The man slowly turned around with flowers in his hand and he walked towards me.

" Ji-wonahh." I mouthed. He wrinkled his nose when he smiled at my shyness as I called him over.

" what are you doing here?" I asked him.

He grinned and handed me the flowers as his hands were redirected into his hospital coat pockets.

" wae? I can't bring you a gift, just because?" He asked me.

I looked away trying to avoid the stares that I was receiving from Mister Kim. I got ahold of Ji-won's hands and led him to my office. I grinned as I closed the door and waved to both Mister Jang and Kim.

" before I could turn around I felt a soft tickle on my side. I turned around smiling more than needed.

" so you do like them?" He asked me as he held me by my waist.

" of course, I just wasn't expecting it. " I finished.

He faked a frown and shook his head as he waved his fingers back and forth in my face.

" you under estimate me miss Dalmin. There are several phases to dating, there is no reason as to why you should be in a rush to establish the relationship if you don't know your other well enough. I am showing you who I am from the start, I am who I am, I am this, I love to shower someone I am attracted to in as many gift as I can, whether it's just the simple things of hanging out and forming a connection or making your day brighter with these flowers like you've made mine when you agreed to go out on a date. " he paused a bit and lifted up my head.

" now don't take it to a scare, don't worry I won't be the type to suffocate you with my attention but just expect it often. Alright?" He asked.

I chuckled a soft laugh and shook my head " you've watched more dramas with your grandmother?" I asked. He stared blankly then scoffed into a chuckle unable to keep a straight face.

" it was a beautiful line, I even delivered it like he did, in the drama, don't you think you should give me some credit?" He chuckled.

I smiled softly as his blunt and childish demeanor.

" if you were the main role I would give you five gold stars" I teased back. He nodded his head, backed away and faked a curtain call bow.

The room suddenly became a bit more silent as the chuckling slowly came to an end.

" Okay now what I'm about to say, will sound extremely cheesy." He paused for a moment and stared then said.

" I'm not going to share that today though. " he smiled and looked at his watch.

" well I should return back to the hospital. " he smiled. He gave me a quick hug and was about to walk out the door, when it opened suddenly by the hands of Mister Kim who covered his eyes and pointed about in the room.

" Now dalmin I value you as a worker but you will not be rom—" he uncovered his eyes and stared at the presence before him.

" ah, Hae-juah." Ji-won smiled. He placed his hands in his pocket and waved.

" you two know one another?" I asked him.

I paused for a moment then remembered.

" oh you said at the restaurant you know Ae-ra, you up all went to school together right?" I Asked.

They both simply nodded their heads.
There was silence again.

" well, it was a fun reunion but I must really go" Ji-won started.

" should I pick you up?" He then asked as he turned around and faced me.

" I drove today." I simply added.

" then I guess I may accidentally forget my car at work and you'd have to come pick me up. " he finished I couldn't help but shake my head and smile at his childishness.

He softly gripped my hand then was off. He looked away from mister Kim and continued on his route.

As the weeks led into a month it seemed that the relationship I had established with Ji-won only grew I had yet to tell him, of my nonsense of a fear yet it seemed countless times he already knew, due to how often he would have us meet elsewhere away from the hospital. It was a topic I avoided as often as I could for the pure enjoyment of a relaxed way of living.

One evening as we were walking through the city, with our hands intertwined in one another's the night sky a dark brown, due to the awaken lights that raced about everywhere from the cars, he seemed a bit more silent that usual.

" Dalminah?" He called I straighten out my head to look over at him, to watch his face, as he looked down towards me and smiled.

" have you ever tried to figure out what makes you react the way you do?" He simply asked.

I stared and looked away in thought. As I held onto him I shrugged my shoulders.

" my parents only tell me some things, and even so there are some memories I am sure I'm just fighting. It may be a late reaction of the most random of things, I just feel so suffocated and feel as if I am assured pure death once I enter a hospital. " I sighted .

"Yet, you're dating a doctor." He added.

" yea he was too persistent to push away." I finished.

I heard his soft chuckle as he held tighter onto me.

" don't worry I'm sure it will happen when it needs to. " he simply added as he walked my towards the front of my door steps.

He gave me a hug and watched me walk inside before he too disappeared down the sidewalk.

The following day as I walked into my office, I felt a soft glare, causing me to turn around only to see Mister Kim quickly turning around.

At the mental point that I had reached it was a feeling I had caught onto and was already growing annoyed by. He had been repeating the same gesture day after day, which caused me to feel a sense of suffocation as if I committed a big offense.

Being the blunt person that I was I turned around and walked towards him, bowed and with a quick

" forgive me for what I am about to do." Being stated, I pulled him by the hands and directed him into his office, where he snatched his hands out of mine and with confusion in his eyes scoffed looked at his hands and returned his stare in my direction.

" what was that about?" He suddenly asked. I pointed towards his eyes and simply said : " those eyes. "

" Mister Kim ever since I started dating you seem to throw darts at my backs, I am not sure exactly what it was that you two have going on between history but do not take it out on me. I don't like the feeling of being attacked when I have done nothing wrong. " I seemed have stated very authoritatively.

We were both slightly taken aback, and even he as he raised a brow raised his spinster finger at me, then placed it back down.

" why are you treating me as if the roles are switched around miss dalmin, understand I have the upper hand. " he finished.

" therefore act as a leader, and stop glaring at me with hawk eyes as if I should be feeling guilty for a disagreement whatever it may have been. " I finished my statement and walked by back into my office leaving Mister Kim to himself as I hopelessly tapped my mouth in regret of how far I took the issue of simple stares.