Goodbye for now

[ Goodbye for now: by kyu Hyun ]

Hae-ju

I sat on the black sofa, facing father my anger imprinted on arm of the seat. I had gotten annoyed by the fact that I was before him to begin with. I was on my way out to the lobby after leaving Dalnim waiting, then he called for me. I watched from the first floor down to the lobby, where Dalnim sat and was looking at her watch waiting for me i'd assume.

Here I was, the last place I emotionally and psychically wanted to be. Preparing myself for what else father had up his sleeve to attack me with.

" Your mother was moved to another facility."
He said it, like it was so simple for him. He took a sip of tea right after. He set the cup aside and laid back onto the back of his chair. His eyes undisturbed by what he said.

" Abeoji!" I said out loud standing up to walk towards him.

He could care less about my out burst. It showed in his composure and the way his eyes overlooked my emotional reactions. He knew the words to say that would result in my disdain. Further smothering me until I agreed to comply to his demands of what he saw to be a son worth having.

" Take a seat, I know earlier I said I didn't mind if you two even slept together but i've changed my mind. I looked into her alittle more. You may want to see this before you do as you do."

" why were you looking into her?!? Why can't you just leave me alone to enjoy my life."

" This life is filled with sacrifices and wins. Look at Mr.Jang." He smiled. Mr.Jang awkwardly nodded his head.

Of all people the example of Mr.Jang was a primary example of the vile ways my father saw as a normality.

Mr. Jang and father were once business partners, helped my father build this empire, but somehow there was a moment in time when father's greed took over. Ju-won and I remained friends just because our fathers worked together, but I soon became someone he hated understandable because of my father. I would hate the son of the man that tricked my father out of his own shares. I too would hate him even more if he hired someone that was once his business partner to be his assistant as father did.

" I don't think—"

" Well you may want to hurry up and check this."

He handed me a packet. I looked over the information on the freshly printed paper and scoffed. " Abeoji this, this is going too far!" I said raising the papers and pointing it in his direction to take back.

" Are you sure?"

" I am."

" You don't believe me?" You'd be interested to find out... She and her family are the ones responsible for your mother being in that institution right now."

" What are you talking about?"

She was the daughter of the family your mother and I got into that accident with. The same accident your mother plead to have caused? The reason she tried to take her life because she didn't have to serve any time. What if she's here to cause disturbance? It could be revenge. She's simply using you to get to your mother and I. Is that truly what you want?"

" You're too cruel." I mustered.

I gazed towards my father as I saw his shrug and lean back into his seat. "Let's say you don't care. How do you think she will feel to find out that she slept with the son, of the woman that took her birth parents away from her?"

" Leave her alone. Leave her out of this."

" That's not possible Hae-ju.... Is she not the linking factor to why we are here."