In my memory

Dalnim

Even with my visions in the physical of things blocked, my eyes were wide awake, my eyes my senses of sight... were not, but the envisioning detail of sense I felt more tangible, I felt wet fingertips against my sweating  forehead but even with the wet base of my temple, the rate of pouring liquid on the fingertip that touched it was much too excessive to look past, rather it was too real to leave in thought alone.

There was a sudden break, as if a halt at a red light when all at once all I felt was the shuffling of feet then I too, began to shuffle about. With each motion, my head began to dance. A pounding was done by one side of my head then a pounding done by another as if they were competing.  I was unsure what it was that stopped the room I was in from rocking till I heard my name, and my physical sight returned.

" Dalnim, dalnimah, wake up." I heard. I opened my eyes then in the mist of my room, I suddenly froze. He sat at the end of my bed and stared with pity towards me.

" you really care too much for your own good." He began while he caressed my cheek, casually leaving neither an affectionate bliss nor a friendly one.

" You even carry  your problems into your dreams, I watched over you most of the night, stranded beside you, because I couldn't sleep a blink, you tossed and turned, in actuality, you almost hurt your hand and my eye countless times."

I don't respond I just stared unsure how to react. I watched as he reached over to a warm compress beside and placed it over my head.

" Is all this really because of your brother?" You're sweating as if you broke into a fever, in the middle of the night. That's not right."

" Did you stay all night?" I finally asked him.

" I couldn't just leave you alone...what kind of man would I be." He answered.

Again I just stared at him as the bottom of my lips quivered, the only other person who did such a thing for me was my family, out of all of them my mother did it best. My nights were occasionally like this when there was something so desperately I was fighting to remember that only visited me when I was asleep. Still confused in reference to my lack of memory  I endured it. My mother would crawl by my side and aid to me, till I was at ease.

" Thank you..." I finished. He stared at a while longer before he gave a smirk.

" if you cry or get too sentimental I'll have to leave." He teased.

There was a pause as he stood up left for the kitchen then came back to proceed towards his question.

" Are you not going to ask if we did anything, or are you confident to the reason why I'm in your bedroom." He asked casually as he posed by the door with his back leaning onto the door post and a cup in his left hand, with coffee by the smell of the fresh bean and bitter smell.

" both of our clothes are on, that's what I saw you in yesterday, this is what I wore, if anything did happen, it would've been obvious. Even so thanks for watching over me." I chuckled as I stood up and got ready to head towards the bathroom. He chuckled and looked towards the window as he took a sip of his coffee.

After a rush in my morning routine for work, I got dressed while he waited in the living room.

Hand in hand, as we walked to his car, and were off to work. He began to rant a bit. " how could you drink so much so late at night?" He seemed to mock.

I awkwardly looked away starting to feel a sense of embarrassment.

" Well how about you, how could you just come to my room? No one asked you to." I fought back.