Chapter Twenty Five

*Marinette's POV*

It was night, and a knock on my window was nothing new. I could only see a pair of green eyes shimmering in the darkness. "Come in Chat." I said rolling my eyes, despite the fact my heart flopped, not even bothering to open it for him.

"Why you gotta be so rude!?" He said. "I thought you loved me." He said closing the window behind him. He put a hand to his chest in a mock hurt.

"Shut up, you know I still do, kitty." I said ruffling his hair. He glared at me and reached up to fix it, messing it up even more.

"God you're so helpless..." I said standing on my tippy-toes to fix it for him. I felt his gaze the whole time, not minding it at all. "What?" I asked still moving the strands around.

"Nothing, just how concentrated you are." He said beaming and sitting down on the couch. "Movie?" He asked about room for me to lay down between his legs and lean my head on his chest.

"No. I'm actually really tired tonight. I haven't really been sleeping much." I said ignoring the room he made for me, and going to the closet.

"Why?"

"Nothing, I've just.... Been thinking."

"Bout what?"

"One second."

I got on Adrien's shirt, and let my hair down from the bun it was in. "I don't know. I think, keyword, think I might like someone else besides 'loverboy'." I said and his face paled, playing a pained expression.

I ignored it. "Now I'm going to bed." I announced getting in. I layed down, closing my eyes. It was silent for a moment before I heard the floor creak, and a weight come down on my bed.

Next thing I know, Chat has me pressed to his chest, arms wrapped around me. His face goes in my neck, and I freeze.

"You looked cold." Is the only explanation he gives. After that, all I could think of was Chat before I fell asleep.

*Time jump to morning*

I stirred coming out of a sleep. I felt weight on my body, and I peeked to see Adrien laying his head in my stomach. One hand held my waist, the other, my hand.

When did he get here? I thought Chat was here. Wait. My eyes widened as I realized the truth.

I moved my hips slightly, causing him to wake. "Babe, 5 more minutes." I didn't know what to do. He was going to wake up, realize that he transformed back in to Adrien during the night, and he would know I knew. Then he would leave me.

Wait, that means he knew I liked him from the beginning, and when he asked Ladybug what to do about kissing another girl, Ladybug, that means he cheated on me, with me. What if he just dated me for pity, because he knew I liked him, and he wanted to toy with me. Fuck, I'm such an idiot for believing he loved me.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked with one eye open, seeing my expression and a tear roll down my cheek. His eyes widened in realization, and he couldn't stop me when I ran into the bathroom.

"Babe! Baby! Open the door! I can explain, please!"

I locked the door, and slid down its surface, to the ground, where I sobbed.
I felt his presence on the other side. "Baby, I know you're probably mad at me, but I also know what you're thinking isn't true. I didn't date you to pity you. I love you Marinette. Baby, I love you so much. It pains me to know I hurt you. Please, open the door for me."

"Do you really love me? Or do you love Ladybug." I asked through sobs. I also knew I messed up telling Chat, well Adrien that I loved someone other than him.

"Yes."

"For which?"

"Yes.... Baby, I love you more. I just... I don't know. Who... Who else besides me?" He asked.

"Still you. Just the other you."

"Chat Noir?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Baby, please open the door."

I need to tell him. I need to tell him. I'm going to tell him.

I unlocked the door, and was immediately engulfed in a hug.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, Im not faithful!"

"Babe-"

"I'm a horrible boyfriend, you can do so much better."

"Adrien I need-"

"I'm so sorry. I love you so much."

"I need to tell you something!" I yelled.

"Of course, come on."

He took my hand and lead me out of my room, now the trapdoor and outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Effiel Tower." He shortly said.

"Why?"

"Because."

When we got to the base, we did either elevator all the way to the top. I looked all around to make sure we were alone.

We sat down on the ground, and he sat back, holding my hand.

"What do you need to tell me?"

I took a deep breath, and gulped. I don't think I can do this... Yes you can. You have to. I thought.

"Babe?"

"Yes?"

"Just know I love you no matter what, that will never change." He said kissing my knuckles.

"I love you too."

He smiled.

"Whenever you're ready." He said.

"Ok... Adrien, Im...

_________________________________________

Sorry this is shorts but that cliffhanger! Thanks for reading! Bug out! 🐈🐞❤️🐈