Chapter Twenty Two

*Marinette's POV*

After Adrien didn't show up, Marinette slept her problems away. Sadly, she can't do that now, she has hell, I mean, school. Same thing.

She wore leggings, an oversized sweatshirt, and just put her hair in a messy bun. She really couldn't care less.

At school, people around her whispered and pointed, obviously talking about what happened.

Marinette had changed. She wasn't going to take this. It was a new, confident her. So she rolled her eyes, and stood on a bench, ready to make an announcement.

*Adrien's POV*

He watched her the whole time she walked in the courtyard. She was so fucking beautiful. Even in a messy bun, she made my heart stop. God, staying away is going to be too hard. But I don't deserve her. He kept reminding himself.

He kept his eyes on her while she stood up on a bench. She cupped her hands around her mouth. "Hey everyone!" She screamed and the whispers stopped enough to listen to her yell. "You can stop gossiping, it's a bad habit. Also, while your at it, fuck out of my life and buisness. Thanks!" She said rolling her eyes and stepping down.

Everyone just stared in awe, the shy girl that never did anything wrong, just told everyone to fuck off. I grinned to myself. That's my girl. Wait, no. Stop. Adrien, get it together. She deserves better.

The bell rang, and everyone went to class. I had math with Nino, Alya and Marinette. I sat down in my normal seat.

"Hey Nino, Alya, Mari." I nodded to each. Alya just mumbled a "Fuck off", Nino ignored me with a disappointed look, and Marinette hissed "don't call me that, and follow Alya's advice. Fuck off." She turned back to the front.

"Are you guys serious? You really think I kissed her? You're unbelievable." Adrien said. (Regretting in instantly may I add.)

Marinette let out a cold laugh. "We're unbelievable? You're such a hypocrite! You're the unbelievable one. Kissing other girls while dating another? Asshole move dipshit." She had gathered the attention of the whole class.

"Marinette, I didn't kiss her, she kissed me."

"Ok? And that makes it okay? That you let her, that you didn't even bother to explain or apologize?"

"I wanted to apologise, Marinette I really did but-" Adrien was cut off by an angry (ex?)girlfriend.

"A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK PASSED, ADRIEN!" Marinette screamed. "A fucking week. And I got nothing. So yeah, I'm the unbelievable one." And with that she grabbed her bag, and pushed past the teacher who was walking back in the room.

"Marinette! You can't just- I really don't care." She went back to her desk and told us about a homework assignment, but all I could think of was how hurt Marinette was.

"I have to go." I mumbled making my way out of the classroom without even receiving an acknowledgement from the teacher.

I found Marinette sitting on a bench with her headphones in. 5sos I assumed. I sat next to her without a word. "Can I please explain? I'm not asking for forgiveness. I just want you to know. The truth." Adrien asked.

She took her headphones out and sighed. "Fine. No forgiveness, just time to explain." She made sure he understood that. "Of course." He offered her a sad smile which she ignored.

"Let's go to my house." She grabbed this hand to pull him up, and he couldn't ignore the butterflies in his stomach. She realized their hands and immediately let go. They walked in silence.

The whole time he stared at her. Her cheekbones, he long eyelashes, the way her eyes shine, the speckle of freckles on the bridge  of her noes, her elegant but messy on top of her head. "What?!" She snapped her head towards Adrien. She had caught him stating. "Nothing."

"Then why are you looking at me?"

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. Her glare falted and softened a bit, but when she caught her slip she hardened her expression. "No. You don't get to do that. You don't get to make me feel that way. Stop."

They continued walking. "Feel what?" He said breaking the silence.

"Like you actually care. You don't." She kept her gaze in front of her. "That's not true. I like you so much that it scares me."

"Can you just shut up?! Stop lying, you've done enough of that."

*Marinette's POV*

We got to my house. The walk was silent the rest of the time, thankfully. When we got there, we went up to my room. My parents were away at a baking contest so I didn't have to worry about their questions.

"Sit down. You have 10 minutes before I lose interest and I kick you out. Better get talking." Marinette said as they sat down on the couch.

"Ok. So, I sat down at my desk like usual. Then Chole came up to me and sat on my desk, obviously flirting. I ignored her until she started talking about how ugly you were and how I should be with her and I may or may not have told her that she was a bitch and to fuck off. She's never been talked to like that, and definitely not by me, so she pulled me towards her by my hair and was all up in my grill and asked what I had just called her, and I said 'a bitch' and then you saw and said my name and she kissed me. After you ran, I pushed away and pushed her off my desk. As I was going to go after you, the teacher came in and made me sit down."

"I understand now. But I still don't forgive you for not even trying to fix this. And to think I actually thought this," Marinette jestured between the two, "meant anything." She laughed coldly.

"Of course it meant something to me!" His hand reached out to stroke her cheek, and she didn't stop him. "It meant everything to me. You mean everything to me. The world. I would do anything for you, for us. Just to see you once a day. To see your smile I would fight for enternity. You are the only thing I ever think about. God, Marinette, can't you see? I love you, so fucking much."

She didn't know she was crying until he was kissing her tears away. "I wanted to explain, but I couldn't. I thought you would hate me. I was so selfish. I didn't want to see you hurt because of me. I'm such an idiot. I just hurt you even more by not going to you. Please, Marinette, let me making it up to you. Show you how much I would do for you. Show you how much I love you." Her heart flopped and the butterflies roamed.

"God. Why'd you have to get so sappy? Now I can't refuse." She smiled.

He loved her. He really did. It all made sense now, he didn't cheat, he didn't kiss Chole, he pushed her on the floor. She loved him too.

*Adrien's POV*

"Then don't refuse." Is what he said as he pushed her back onto the couch and kissed her like there was no tommorow. He moved down to her neck as she wrapped her arms around his waist, tracing his abs. "I love you too." She mumbled with a smile that took his breath away.

He looked up at her. She was so amazing. She loved me. God, she was perfect, this is perfect. I grinned like an idiot. In that moment he forgot all about his other life. It was only him and her. Everything was okay, it was going to end up okay...

_________________________________________

I couldn't keep writing them heartbroken, it broke my own heart. Hope you enjoyed! Also, there will be a sequel. This is not the end, but just wanted you to know so when it does end, you know it's not actually the end. Thanks for reading! 🐈🐞❤️🐈🐞❤️🐈