Chapter Three

"Marinette! Marinette! Wake up! You'll be late!" Tikki's voice woke Marinette from her slumber. "Oh no! It's already 6:00! Thanks Tikki." Marinette jumped out of bed and got dressed, and went downstairs. " Good morning!" Marinette's mom greeted her when she came downstairs. After breakfast, Marinette left. "I have to go! Love you! Bye!"

*At School*

When Marinette got to school, she spotted her friends talking. She headed over. "Hey girl, you're on time. For once!" Alya laughed and Nino joined in. "Haha guys, very funny." Marinette rolled her eyes but was smiling. "Hey Marinette!" She turned to see Adrien getting out of his car and walking towards them.

"Oh no. Here comes the blabbing." Marinette muttered. "Hey Nino! Ayla." Adrien joined in the conversation of the chemistry homework. Marinette couldn't help but notice Adrien glancing over at her every chance he got. "Hey Marinette?" He asked her. "Huh?"

"Can I talk to you? Alone?" Marinette's eyes widened. She looked at Alya for help but she avoided Marinette's eyes. "Sure, we'll leave." Alya pulled Nino away, and as she passed she whispered to Marinette. "Go get him girl!"

Marinette just looked down at the ground. "So, Marinette." Adrien said once the other two were gone. "Yeah?" She snuck a glance at Adrien to see him grinning. "I just wanted to say, you mean a lot to me. You're a great friend." Marinette beamed and blushed at the same time. "Your great, a great friend of course, I don't like you, what? No! I mean. Thanks?"
Adrien smiled at her stuttering. "We should go, don't want to be late."

Adrien walked into the school and Marinette was left blushing and frozen. "Oh. My. God. What did he say!" Alya walked up behind Marinette. "Spill girl!" Marinette couldn't move. She couldn't stop smiling. "Marinette?"

"Yeah..." She muttered dreamily.

"You got it bad."

After Marinette could move, Alya and Marinette walked inside. They got to class and sat down. Marinette kept smiling dreamily into the back of Adrien's head.

"Marinette? Can you please look up here? I don't think Adrien's teaching you chemistry." The class laughed. Marinette turned red, and Adrien looked back at her and winked.

"Oh. My. God. Did he just wink at you?!" Alya whispered-screamed. In front of them, Adrien chuckled. Probably from Alya's comment. "I.... think.....I'm going to......die..." Marinette said. This made Adrien laugh even more.

"Care to share Adrien?" The teacher asked. "Obviously it's more important than chemistry."

"No."

"Then please watch me."

*Lunch*

"What was going on with you two in class?" Nino asked. Marinette blushed.
"What are you talking about?" Adrien asked rubbing his neck. "Whatever." Alya said.

During lunch, Marinette still saw Adrien glancing at her constantly. "Obviously, something is going on. You'll tell me one way or another." Nino said to Adrien when he thought the girls weren't listening.

"You too girl." Alya said to Marinette.
"Nothing's going on!" Both Adrien and Marinette said. (At the same time may I add.) Marinette blushed again. Apparently, that's the only thing she can do.

The bell rang and they went back to class.

*That night*

A knock on the window told Marinette that Chat Noir was there. "Well hello Kitty!" Marinette said opening the window for him. He climbed in. "Hey Marinette."

Marinette had already put out cookies and a blanket. "Any luck with loverboy?" Chat asked her. "Kinda..." Marinette smiled at the ground. Since she wasn't looking at him, he smiled. "Really? How?"

They sat on the couch and grabbed a cookie each. "Well, I don't know. He told me he appreciates me. And he couldn't stop glancing at me. It's like he knew something." Chat smiled, but hid it with a confused look. "Huh. Well at least you're doing better."

"Yeah." She said dreamily and collapsed like a star fish on her bed. Chat snickered silently. "Woah lovebird. Don't freak out completely."

"You're right. He said I was a great friend. So obviously he thinks nothing more of me." Marinette sighed and sat up, pulling her knees to her chest. "Hey, I didn't say that. I just don't want you to rush. I mean, you're thinking of getting married, and he's thinking about if you're more than a friend to him. If he has feelings for you."

"Right. Wait? How do you know what he's thinking?"

"I said probably. Didn't you hear me? I definitely said that. Probably."

"What about you? Any luck?"

"Nope."

"Too bad. You two would make a cute couple!" Wait? What am I saying? I like Adrien. Marinette thought. "Really? You think so?" He asked he mood rising. "Definitely!"

"How are you going to wow Ladybug for Valentine's day?" Mari asked.

"Maybe bring her to Effiel Tower for dinner or something?"

"Candles, rose petals, dinner. Sounds great. You should totally do that. She'll love it."

"You really think so?"

"Totally."

"What about loverboy?"

"Would you stop calling him that? He has a name."

"Whatever. So?"

"I don't know. You're a guy. What would you want?"

"Well if I was Adrien, which I'm not, i would want you to say what you said about him last time. About liking him for him. Meet him somewhere like your roof. And give him some of those delicious cookies. Just be yourself."

"Me? And just stutter everything. Totally be myself."

"You're great. Just talk to him about how you've liked him for a while, and like him for him. Easy."

"And sound like a stalker? Oh, hey Adrien, I've had a crush on you for 2 years and have you all over my room. I have a bunch of drawings of you if you want them! Want to be my Valentine?"

"It's cute that you like him that much."

"Do you have Ladybug all over your room?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. "No! Maybe. Shut up." Marinette's eyes went wide. "You do? Oh my God!"

"You have loverboy all over your room. What's the difference?"

"Oh my God. I am so bringing this up again." Chat groaned. "Don't!" He sunk onto the couch. "It's cute how much you like her." She said in a mocking voice. Chat laughed and pushed her.

"So what movie is it going to be tonight?"

"You choose." Noir picked Wizard of Oz. They got into the untold movie position. Marinette sitting on the couch, and Adrien laying with his head in her lap. She twirled her fingers in his hair as they watched the movie.

"Thank you Noir." Marinette whispered.

"For what?"

"For being someone I can talk to, my kitty friend."

"You're welcome." Chat said smiling up at her. Marinette beamed.

"You know, I think you like me around, as much as you deny it."

"You're so annoying. No I don't." She said  smiling. "Sure Mari. And I'm a dog."

"I knew it!"

"Shut up. I was kidding. Look at me! I'm obviously a super hot cat! Duh!"

"Whatever puppy....."

______________________________________

Thank you for reading! 🐞❤️🐞❤️