Chapter Seventeen

*ending of last chapter*

"I will get you Marinette.... I promise.." He leaped building to building, losing himself in the night Paris. Looking for the love of his life...

Back at the warehouse....

Marinette was left in the dark until Nathaniel came back. It had been 6 hours, and Marinette couldn't make a noise, and there wasn't a single tear left for her to cry.

"No sign of your sorry excuse of love. Where is he Marinette?" He said. She just kept he head down, her hair making a curtain around her face. "I'm talking to you!" He roared yanking her hair to make her look at him.

She flinched and pointed to the cloth in her mouth. He pulled it out of her mouth. "Now tell me, where is Agreste?"

She just laughed a cold laugh. "You monster! I would never tell you, even if I did know." And then he did something that suprised both of them. He slapped her across the face.

"Maybe by tomorrow, you'll come to your senses." She was left there once again. Where is that damn cat? (Watch your profanity... XD) She leaned her head back, and tried to break chains once again on her wrists.

"Marinette!?" She heard a sound of glass breaking and someone call her name from across the warehouse. When Nathaniel left he had turned the lights off again, and so it was pitch black. "Hello? Is someone there!? Help me! Please!" She sobbed.

She heard someone cross the room and walk over to her. The person called: Cataclysm, and Marinette knew who it was. "Chat! Oh thank God!" Once the chains were broken, she fell into his arms, and sobbed.

"I got you." He held her tight. Picking her up, he jumped out of the window he broke to come in.

Slowly she drifted into a dark slumber...

Later....

Brightness woke Marinette. "Chat?" She whispered. She blinked and looked around. She was in a bed, her bed. "Chat?" She sat up and looked around for the cat in leather.

"Marinette! You're awake." He appeared from the shadows and went over to her. "Are you okay? Hungry? Are you hurt?! What'd he do?" He asked wide eyed.

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about what happened. Let's just forget that. Please." Adding the last bit due to Chat opening his mouth to protest.

"Okay. Are you sure you're fine?" Adrien asked. In front of him was the girl he was, pretty sure and torn about, but still, in love with. He wanted to do anything he could to help her. "Um.... Well. Hot chocolate?" She asked with a sheepish grin.

"Of course!" He leaped down the trap door, and Marinette fell back in bed. A single tear dropped down her cheek. She lifted her arm to see cut marks around her wrist where the chains had dug into her skin.

Chat came back up, and Marinette quicky wiped away the tear, and hid her hand back under the covers. "Here you are my damsel in destress." Chat handed her a mug. "Thank you."

When she reached for it, he went wide eyed. He was looking at her wrist. "Marinette...." She tried to pull back, but he caught her arm. "Did he do this?" He asked anger filling those beautiful green eyes.

"Chat, he-"

"Marinette, did he do this?" Adrien spat.

"Yes..." She mumbled not looking at him.

"God, when I find that-"

He stopped when she grabbed his hand. He immediately relaxed. He sighed, and his scowl was replaced with his signature grin.

They stared longingly into each other's eyes. Those eyes. Somewhere, I've seen them before. We've done this before. I-
"Chat your ring's flashing."

He snapped out of the trance, and looked down at what she was talking about. "Huh. I have to go. I'll see you later Marinette. Stay safe. Bye."

And with that he leapt out of the window, leaving the darkness to enclose Marinette. "Bye kitty."

The next day....
Her first class....

"Marinette!" She turned to see the one and only. "Adrien, hey!" Her boyfriend hugged her. "What are these?!" He grabbed her wrist. "N-nothing. Uh, i-i got scratched by.... A dog?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Don't like to me Marinette..." She bit her lip. "Nathaniel...."
Adrien's eyes filled with anger, and he stormed behind her. Nathaniel was coming in the classroom.

Wait, those eyes... Could it be?

Adrien's POV

Adrien walked towards Nathaniel, detirmined to make him pay for what he did to Marinette. When he saw Adrien coming, he went wide eyed, and started to back away. "You little-"

"I swear I didn't mean, i-i was akumatized, I uh. Didn't know?" Nathaniel stuttered backing away, and lifting his hands up like it would stop him.

It didn't stop him. He swung his fist into Nathaniel's jaw, making him fall to the ground. "Adrien!" It was Marinette.

He turned around to see her staring at him like he was a monster. She looked from him to Nathaniel, and back to him and his bloody knuckles, and he shook his hand. "Why would you.... I can't.... Adrien..... I.....why?"

"He did that to you! He deserved it! He hurt you Marinette!"

People started filing into the classroom, looking from the boy on the ground, to the boy that out him on the ground. They all started whispering and talking pointing at them. "Marinette...."

She looked so hurt, like she didn't know Adrien. Like she was scared. She shook her head, and ran out of the room.

"Marinette!"

_________________________________________

Im so so so so so sorry it took so long to update! I was busy with school (typical Wattpad writer excuse) and family stuff. Thanks for reading! Bug out! 🐈🐞❤️🍪