Chapter Eight

You'll figure it out, you always do.

"Thanks Puppy."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, IM A CAT!" Marinette just laughed. "Movie?" Noir offered. "Sure. How about Stay With Me?"

"Ew, a romance!?" Chat scrunched his face. "Shut up and I'll get cookies. 'Cause God knows your parents don't feed you."

Marinette left and went downstairs. She's crying over me? But why. I don't understand what is so embarrassing... Adrien thought while she was gone. Why does she even like me?

When Marinette came back, with cookies, they got into the normal movie position. Marinette likes to braid and style Noir's hair like a girl, and Noir just likes to lay and eat cookies. I mean, it's Chat Noir.

"Why do you like Loverboy so much? What do you like about him?"

"Adrien's so, so kind, and loving. He always wants to do what's best. He's a great friend, and is caring. His personality is amazing, he's funny, and intelligent. Not to mention he's pretty cute." Marinette blushed, smiling.

Really? She thinks of me like that? Adrien thought to himself. "Why do you like Ladybug?" Marinette said wiggling her eyebrows at Chat while braiding his hair. "Would you stop that!" He said smacking her hand away from his hair. "No. Continue with why you love her." She continued to mess with his hair, and Adrien didn't even bother to stop her. "She's amazing."

"You've said that. But why?"

"She's so intelligent and brave. She's beautiful and I don't even know who she is. She's clever and always figures out what we need to do, she's selfless and always thinks of others. She's so, so amazing..."

What?! He's so in love with me, well ladybug, and I love Adrien. But, it's so sweet he thinks of me like that. I mean Ladybug. My other half of course. Not clumsy Marinette. She thought.

"I've said it before, look at us..." Marinette said sighing.

"I'm going to detransform and retransform in your bathroom if that's okay." Chat said as his miraculous beeped. "Of course! I have cheese downstairs. Help yourself."

"Thanks Mari." Noir went downstairs and got cheese for Plagg. Running back upstairs and into the bathroom, he barely had closed the door before he detransformed. "Here Plagg!" He gave the cheese to his little kwami. In the bathroom he sent Marinette a text, obviously as Adrien.

Adrien: Sorry about earlier. You shouldn't be embarrassed about the drawings I saw. I love them. You're so talented. Your designs for the Ladybug/Chat Noir clothing line are amazing! Don't be upset, if it makes you feel better I can forget about the drawings of me. I really don't want to, but I will for you. See you at school tomorrow. 😉😘

Chat Noir heard her squeling on the other side of the door and collapse on her bed. He laughed. "Claws out."

When Chat came back out Marinette was still sprawled out on her bed with a smile stuck on her face. "What happened to you?" Adrien asked even though he knew exactly what.

Marinette didn't answer, but instead just threw him her phone. The background was the picture of her on Adrien's back. He smiled to himself and went to messages. He read it for the second time.

"If you ask me, I think Adrien likes you!" Marinette sat up. "You really think so?!"

"Definitely." He answered. "Now, how do I get Ladybug? You're a girl right? You would know?"

"You just noticed this? I'm pretty sure my gender was obvious." Marinette said raising an eyebrow. "Just shut up." Noir said pushing her jokingly.

"Just compliment her. Tell her how clever she is when she solves something. Tell her she's smart when she thinks of something you didn't. Tell her she looks pretty, and ask if she did something new with her hair or something. You know. Find better puns, to be honest they're so dumb they're kinda funny. Just tell her how you feel, but be subtle about it or else you'll scare her. You know?"

"Thanks Mari. I'll try. I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Marinette." He leaped out of the window after stealing one more cookie, and disappeared into the night.

Marinette was at her desk drawing, when she got a text.

Adrien: You still up? I can't sleep

Marinette: Yeah, me neither

Adrien: Any particular reason?

Marinette: Not really. I don't really ever sleep. The reason I'm always oversleeping and late. It's when I usually design clothes the most. Or, you know, draw.....you....

Adrien: What are you doing now?

Marinette: Drawing

Adrien: Drawing what?

Marinette: One of the photo's from the magazine

Adrien: Which one?

Marinette: The one with me on your back...

Adrien: You'll have to show me when you're done

Marinette: Not a chance

Adrien: Please??

Marinette: Nope.

Adrien: Come on, please!?

Marinette: Maybe.

Adrien: Great!

Marinette: Why do you want to see it so bad?

Adrien: Because you're so talented. Could I keep it?

Marinette: Maybe, I don't know why you would want it. It's just a stupid drawing.

Adrien: Don't underestimate yourself Mari.

Marinette: I'm not, it's true

Adrien: It's not true, and when you say stuff like that it makes me mad. You're not a regular girl Mari

Marinette: What do you mean?

Adrien: You know what I mean. You're amazing. And you cut yourself down all the time. You aren't what you say you are.

Marinette: I don't cut myself down!

Adrien: Yes you do. It's cute when you're shy, but not believing in yourself is wrong.

WHAT DID HE JUST CALL ME?!?

Adrien: Goodnight Mari 😉😘

______________________________________

They just need to be a couple already! The next chapter will follow Adrien more. Thanks for reading! Bug out! 🍪❤️🐞🐈🍪❤️🐞🐈🍪❤️🐞🐈