Chapter Twenty One

When Marinette woke up, Chat was gone. She expected it, but for some reason she felt a sadness in her heart. She shook it off and went to take a shower.

She let the hot water rain down on her back as she thought of yesterday's events. Maybe she should go see Adrien.
Deciding against it, since it wasn't her that needed to see him, it was the other way around, she would wait for him. If he actually cared he would come.

Once she was out, she got out an outfit. A simple one at that. She wore ripped black jeans shorts, a green lose tank, and white converse. Instead of her usual pigtails, she put her hair in a braid.

After she got dressed she sat at her desk sketching designs and listening to 5sos's new song "Youngblood" and any other song of theirs that came on.

Suddenly, she got an alert of an akuma. Quickly changing, she leaped off her roof, towards the villian. This time, it was some "Love Wrecker" or something. They really need better names. Marinette laughed at the irony of the name, as she watched the villian for weaknesses.

"What's so funny Ladybug?" Said a voice behind her, followed by the sound of him landing. "No 'My Lady'?" Marinette asked for some reason missing it. She turned to face Chat.

"Um," She watched as he reached up to rub his neck with a sheepish grin. "Actually, I've found my real lady..." He blushed slightly at admitting it.

Marinette's eyes widened. "Oh." Is all she could say. "Uh, good." She cleared her throat which was straining for some reason.

"So, uh any idea what we're dealing with?" Chat said to make it less akward. "All I know is he has this this where he takes love and turns it in to hate. Sounds like that Cupid guy last year." Marinette said. Then she realized that was when she kissed Chat, and now that he knew, his eyes widened too.

"Uh, ok. At least we know that what happened last time won't be necessary. Good thing, right?" Chat said. "Um, yeah totally." Is all she could answer.

"We should uh, save the city now..." She said staring at the ground. "Yeah, that might be needed." He said with a grin. They leaped into battle and tried multiple things to defeat the weirdo. Nothing worked.

"What do we do?" Chat Noir asked out of breath. "I don't know-" Marinette was cut off by the Hate/Love guy thing shot some weird thing at her, and her eyes turned dark. (Yeah, didn't want to make a villian in-depth, so this is as good as it gets. This is a romance novel people! Not an action novel!)

*Adrien's POV*

"I hate you." Is all she said as she lunged at Adrien. "Why are you attacking me?! This guy can only turn love, into-" His eyes widened in suprise. Ladybug loved him. Holy shit.

It didn't matter. He told himself. I love Marinette. So fucking much. Ladybug's a thing of the past. But.... Is the only way to...you know...do what she did last year?

He had to try. I'm so sorry, baby. He thought about Marinette. He took a deep breath and attacked Ladybug from behind, and tying her up with her own yo-yo.

Here goes nothing. He thought. He closed his eyes and pushed his mouth to hers before he could think more of Marinette. He moved his lips, and soon she joined. It was familiar. But where? As soon as he could, he removed his mouth, and ran.

He knew that she was back to normal, but he knew that if he stayed he would only think about telling her. Ladybug wouldn't remember kissing me, and he should keep it that way.

He ran to his house, and changed back, burrying his head in his pillow. I'm so disgusting. He thought. First, Chloe kissed me and I was too shocked to stop her. And then he intentionally kissed Ladybug. God, she was better off without him. He would just let Marinette move on, she could do better than a cheating asshole like himself....

*Marinette's POV*

Somehow she got herself untangled from her yo-yo. She had no idea what happened, and why she was Ladybug tied to a pole. And where was Chat Noir? She thought.

She went home and transformed back into Marinette. She sat at her desk listening to music as she waited for Adrien to come apologize. He'd come right?

It was after midnight when she gave up on Adrien. Deep down, she knew it was foolish to think he would come after her. I mean, he had Chole. That's all he needed. He never loved her, let alone like her. It was all a lie.

She let a single tear slip as she climbed in bed, this time in her own clothes, and fell fast asleep...

_________________________________________

Sorry it took so long to post! Just because, I'm going to post 3 chapters or more today. I plan on 3, but knowing me I will stay up all night writing. So this is 1/3 so far. Also, this one is a little short, but I think you can agree it was full of drama. Let me know what you think! Thanks for reading! 🐞🐈❤️🐞🐈❤️🐞