chapter two: new routine

Elisa loved her dad, but at this point in time, he was irritating the shit out of her

Elisa loved her dad, but at this point in time, he was irritating the shit out of her. She knew his motives and tried not to get mad, but she never saw a threat towards her. No one knew her, so there was no one who would try to kill her.

She was in the training room with a shield agent. They were a high ranking agent who still didn't know who she was and why he was teaching a sixteen year old Krav Maga.

They were in there for three hours as he taught her basic defense skills. When she finished, she felt cramps in her stomach that she hadn't felt since her first day of training ever. Elisa was drenched in sweat as they stopped for water.

"You did a good job today, we can start again Thursday and learn something new," he said and Elisa nodded.

She waved to him as she left, going to her room to shower. Elisa planned on going out to watch Peter and make a new painting. Elisa found a new muse.

Peter.

When she finished her shower, she had gotten dressed and dried her hair. It was hard leaving the base, even with her invisibility coming into play. She was almost out.

"Elisa where are you going?" Tony asked and she stopped being invisible.

"People watching," she let out her response and he nodded.

She wasn't lying. Peter is people.

"Mhm," Tony said as if he was pondering on letting her go.

"Okay, fine, but be careful," he said and she went invisible.

She walked off and went out to Queens where she navigated her way to Peters. Elisa smiled as she crawled through his open window. He was hunched over his desk writing things down, probably doing homework.

Elisa leaned over a bit and breathed quietly as she watched him quickly burn through the math as if it was no problem. She saw the hair on his arms rise up tall and he dropped his pencil.

Peter looked around and frowned in confusion.

"What the hell?" He asked as he stood up, Elisa took a few steps backs and leaned up against the wall.

She watched him and observed him as he walked around the room, shutting the blinds to his window.

fuck, she thought.

Elisa frowned as she thought of an escape plan.

The next time he leaves the room she'll shoot a quick text to Tony saying she'll be home late and to set the alarms to let her in. Then, when he's asleep, she'll leave.

Peter started running his hands through his hair as he stood in the middle of the room.

"It's just stress," he sighed and went back to his desk.

Elisa needed to be near him again. His nerves went haywire again as he did his work and she backed away.

She sat in the corner where his lamp light flooded light onto his face, it accentuated the best parts of him and his eyes were dark.

She was never a fan of brown eyes until she saw his. The way the sun brought out his honey undertones and all the intricacies of how his eyes were. Elisa smiled as the tip of his tongue poked out as he concentrated.

Good god, she swooned and leaned her head against the wall. Her eyes shut as she graphically recalled his features.

She started dozing off until the lamp clicked off. Elisa shot up straight as Peter leaned back in the chair and she heard all the bones in his back crack.

She shuddered a bit, but still enjoyed the sound.

Her back started to itch for a crack and she stood up, watching as Peter got down to his underwear and crawled into bed. She waited until he was completely asleep to leave. Going as she came: complete silence.

∆∆∆

Elisa came home to Tony conversing with Maria Hill. They both paused and saw as Elisa made herself visible. Tony crossed his arms.

"Where have you been?" He asked and Elisa looked down.

"Central Park," she said and Tony nodded and sighed.

"Well do your paint thing then freshen up for dinner, we're having Fury over," Tony said and Elisa nodded.

She went back into her painting room and put a new canvas on her easel.

Elisa shut her eyes and recalled her mental photo of Peter. She opened them and outlined him and got the structures right.

She shut her eyes again and remembered the way light hit him and the different colors splashed on his face. Elisa opened them and got her paint ready along with her brushes and she went off, the sound of the strokes of her brush calmed her and she felt that she could pour her heart into these paintings.

When she finished and dated it, she set it out to dry and she looked at her first painting of Peter and smiled.

"Elisa, are you done?" She heard Tony ask.

"Yeah, im gonna freshen up now!" She called out and left the room, going to shower and change into some better clothes.

When she came out, her hair was damp and her face had a small blush from the heat of the water. Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Pepper and Tony were all standing around the more living area and talking, having a couple laughs.

"Hey there Elisa, having seen you in a long time," Nick said and stuck out his hand.

"Good to see you," She responded as she shook it.

She gave a small hug to Maria and stepped back next to Pepper who smiled warmly.

"Now that we're all ready, let's eat," she said and they nodded.

They all walked over to the dining room and sat down where food was sitting there warm and ready.

"So you graduated Highschool online?" Fury asked and Elisa nodded.

"Gives me more time to do missions, but I'm thinking about M.I.T.," Elisa said and Fury nodded.

"Go to college kid, you can get a better paying job than Avenger," he said and Elisa chuckled.

"Yeah, I probably could," she smiled and ate.

"Who knows, maybe you'll inherit Stark Industries," Tony smiled and Elisa widened her eyes, looking to Pepper. Pepper only nodded with an amused smile.

Elisa was happy, as she stared at Tony and Pepper, the people that showed her what it's like to have parents.

Even if they had just gotten married.