chapter five: a party

Elisa didn't like social interaction

Elisa didn't like social interaction. So you can imagine the anger she felt when Tony dragged her along to some secret location only for it to be a venue.

"Why can't I celebrate your birthday?" He asked and Elisa raised an eyebrow.

"Because only three people besides the avengers legally know me and can show up," she protested and he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck, avoiding her gaze.

Elisa widened her eyes, her mind wandering.

"Are you-" she wasn't able to finish the question as they stepped into the party.

People were all gathered around talking and enjoying themselves. Until they walked in. At first they all cheered until they caught sight of Elisa.

She scanned the eyes and faces of people she saw and panic began to rise in her stomach. People were staring, she was visible, people were staring and she's visible.

"I bet you're all confused, but sixteen years ago,  I had an affair, and I wasn't aware of the life that was made from it until last year, this is my daughter, Elisa Stark," Tony announced and people smiled.

Elisa was shocked. She looked up at Tony and looked back around. People nodded and smiled as Tony put and arm around her shoulder and turned his head towards her ear.

"I didn't cross a line did I?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I'm just a bit shocked that's all," she said and looked to him.

"Well, now you can make friends with people who are like, alive," he smiled and she chuckled.

"You know I rarely speak to the dead," she smiled and he nodded.

"Yeah yeah you can't see the light for a week," Tony smiled.

"At least you were able to say your goodbyes," she smiled softly and Tony nodded.

"I'm forever in debt to you for that by the way," he said as he guided them down the stairs where everyone was.

People shook her hand, introducing themselves. She smiled politely having small conversations and what not.

"Ah Peter! Glad you could make it!" Tony smiled and Elisa widened her eyes, her heart stopped as she turned around. He was seeing her for the first time. She's visible and Peter was seeing her.

Her Peter. And she was caught up again in his eyes. He wore a nerdy shirt with a worn flannel, he had tired jeans and sneakers.

Straight out of Queens, she thought.

"Elisa, this is Peter," he introduced and leaned in her ear.

"He's Spider-Man," He said and Elisa widened her eyes.

"Really?" She asked and Peter raised his eyebrows, blinking a bit.

He was in a trance. She smiled and looked to Tony.