chapter twenty-seven: the grind

Elisa frowned as she sat in her bed, laying down

Elisa frowned as she sat in her bed, laying down. She looked over at her new photos that she took over her break. New frames adorning her wall.

"Elisa!" Janelle squealed as she ran in, making Elisa jump up and hug her.

"Janelle!" She responded, same level of energy.

The girls stood in the room in each other's arms.

"Did you talk to him?" Janelle asked as she pulled away, Elisa grabbed a picture frame of her and Peter and showed it to Janelle.

Janelle gasped and held it, holding a hand over her heart.

"My baby sister is thriving!" Janelle smiled and Elisa rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Yeah yeah," she said and looked at Janelles new weave design, "but look at this queen, left here with her a snack and come back to a four course meal!"

"Stop you're making me blush," Janelle fanned her face, doing a 360 and faced Elisa with a pose.

"Girl, you flexing on this whole campus!" Elisa laughed and looked to her dresser, watching her engineering project whir.

"What does that do?" Janelle asked, making Elisa smile.

"It cleans energy!" She answered, turning back to Janelle.

"You hungry?" Janelle asked and Elisa perked.

"I actually brought us food, I helped Vision make it for New Years so it's actually good," Elisa rambled, putting the picture frame back on the wall and walked over to her desk, a metal box sitting on top of her stuff.

"It's kept the food warm for us," she smiled and opened it, pulling out a paper plate and set the food on it.

"This is so sweet," Janelle smiled and Elisa shrugged, handing her the plate of food.

"Thought it'd be better than spending nine dollars on a sandwich as our reunion meal," Elisa smiled, making her own plate. They sat on the floor, leaned up against their beds, facing each other.

"So, tell me how you fixed things with Peter," Janelle smiled and Elisa smiled back.

"At first I wanted to run from him," Elisa started. Going on about the whole conversation and occasionally delving into his looks too much.

By the time they had finished, the food was gone and it was twelve in the morning.

"I would tell you about my break but I feel like I'm gonna pass out, good night lil' sis," Janelle smiled and Elisa smiled back, shutting the curtains and turning off the lamp.

"Good night big sis," Elisa smiled, climbing into bed.

Elisa shut her eyes and fell asleep, dreaming of a future with Peter.

∆∆∆

"Get up, E!" Janelle shook her as she practically yelled.