chapter fourteen: natasha

"You ready for our girls day?" Natasha asked as Elisa slipped on her shoes at her door

"Yep," she smiled and tucked her wallet in her jacket pocket.

Elisa and Natasha walked out to Elisa's car where Elisa got to drive.

"So how did the whole questioning go?" She asked and Natasha smiled.

"Great, he's done for good now too," Natasha answered as they left the compound grounds.

"Do you have your card?" Natasha asked and Elisa held it out as they turned onto the main road where Elisa put it back and had two hands on the wheel.

"So, real talk," Natasha said and Elisa glanced at her, she hand her feet on the dash, but her shoes were clean so Elisa didn't care.

"How did you end up with Tony?" She asked, "like, what made you choose him?"

"Well at that point, I thought he was always too busy cleaning up after himself, so why not occupy the place while he's gone, I cleaned up after myself and stuff," she said and Natasha smiled and nodded.

"But you didn't have money to replace the food," Nat added and Elisa smiled.

"Correct, and I also thought he was never home so he wouldn't even notice it," Elisa shrugged.

"But, why did you end up in his tower?" Natasha asked, Elisa sighed and turned into the city, sighing as she got caught in the light.

"I was in foster care, and my service worker tried the best she could, but I'd always end up in an abusive home that needed a servant," Elisa admitted, slouching a bit as she remembered the past.

"Hey," Nat spoke up, sitting up right and put her feet down, "You're an Avenger now, you can get them arrested, plus, you'll never ever have to go back to that."

Elisa smiled softly and pressed the gas as the light finally turned green.

"How'd you get your powers?" Natasha asked and Elisa widened her eyes.

"Uh, long story," she said and slammed on the brakes as the guy in front of her slammed on his.

Elisa rolled her eyes and opens the sunroof.

"What the shit! Can't you guys drive?" She screamed and others yelled obscenities back, blaming it on others.

"Long one of the right, dipshit!" Elisa screamed and got back in the car.

Nat was laughing her ass off as Elisa drove. She was mentally counting to a hundred in her head, trying to not explode.

Elisa sighed and pulled into a parking garage.

"My mom was fifteen when she got pregnant, the government was going to pay a lot of money for me if I was still a first stage embryo," Elisa explained, "I was supposed to go to stem cell, but i either got mixed up with someone else, or I was stolen, either way, I was taken to some off-government facility and raised me until i was eight, they also abused me, experimented on me."

"Wait how did you get out?" She asked.

"Some men in suits came in and shut them down," Elisa spoke, with every word, it felt like she was getting rid of emotional baggage, and she loved the feeling, "I have no idea what branch it was, they were all bald, some of them were talking about neurolizing me but this guy said I was eight and wouldn't remember it anyways, but here I am."

Natasha nodded as she processed the information, her eyes trained on the dashboard as she was deep in thought. Elisa rolled down the window as she rented a parking spot and they got out and left.

"Hey you guys are avengers!" The driver recognized, Elisa gave a forced smile.

"Yay!" She pushed and he lit up.

"Can I get a picture with you guys, my brothers won't believe me unless I have a photo," he said and Elisa looked to Natasha who shrugged.

"You better get my good side," Natasha joked and the guy chuckled.

"All sides of your face are good," the guy stumbled over his words and Elisa laughed as he fumbled over his phone.

When he got it ready, the girls posed with him and he took the picture.

"Thank you so much," the guy said as he put his phone away.

"No problem!" Elisa smiled and they walked off as he drove off.

"Alright, now lets do actual girl talk," Natasha smirked and Elisa looked up at the woman, knowing exactly where this would go, "what the sitch with you and Peter?"

"I don't know a Peter," Elisa tried to play her off, avoiding the question.

Natasha laughed as they turned a corner, putting her arm around the girls shoulder.

"Cmon, you two are perfect for each other!" She pushed and Elisa sighed.

"I don't know, Tasha," Elisa admitted, "I mean, I truly don't know, I never got the normal childhood like everyone else."

Natasha raised an eyebrow at the girl and they stood off the side next to a building.

"You're not regretting anything, are you?" Natasha asked.

"Oh god no," Elisa spoke up, "I'm happy with my life, but you can't blame me for wondering what it'd be like to have sleepovers and a first kiss and a first heartbreak and what's it's like to be Lizzie McGuire."

Natasha gave a weak smile.

"I don't blame you," she said and pulled Elisa into a hug, "because I was you."

∆∆∆

short chapter.

check out my book "assemble" if you have seen infinity war and want to see and discuss some theories.