chapter twenty-five: party

"There's only one person other than me that I feel is worthy of wielding Mjolnir, and that's Elisa," Thor smiled as Elisa walked over to him

Elisa sighed as she looked over at Steve and Tony.

"Are you seriously back to this?" She asked, "I thought this was settled in twenty fifteen!"

"It's a serious matter!" Tony spoke up in defense.

"It's just a hammer!" Elisa argued, making Steve scoff.

"Yeah that allows you to rule Asgard," he went on and Elisa punched the bridge of her nose. She looked to Thor in disbelief.

"Mortals amiright?" Thor asked and Elisa smiled.

"They're losing their minds, it's not like they can hold it," Elisa said and Tony crossed his arms.

"You pick it up then if you're so worthy," Tony spoke snarkily, smirking as Thor walked over to the coat rack and picked up the hammer, setting it on the coffee table, a few other guest averting their attention to the Avengers.

"Wow, okay," Elisa smiled, "I never said I was worthy, this is so stupid."

Elisa stepped over and put a firm grip on the handle, pulling it up and watched as it scooted on the table, she lifted it slightly and dropped it as she gave up. Elisa looked over at the three men who stared in disbelief.

"Did you cheat?" Tony asked after they stared for a solid thirty seconds.

"No!" Elisa frowned and grabbed the hammer again, using her telekinesis to lift the hammer.

"This is cheating," she said and let go of Mjolnir, setting it back down on the table gently.

Thor cleared his throat and put Mjolnir back on the coat rack. When he walked back, Elisa had a sly smile on her face as she held her drink.

"Enough of that party trick for the night," he said softly and Elisa laughed, looking over at Steve and Tony.

"She can't be worthy," Steve spoke and Tony nodded, staring at her with a quizzical expression.

"Just like the elevator theory," Tony spoke slowly.

"I can't handle this," Elisa said and turned around, walking over to Wanda and Natasha who spoke to Bucky.

"I still am very sorry about that day, my actions were just," Bucky tried finding the word and Natasha shook her head.

"Not your choice to make, the past seventy years of that are forgotten, your mind had no say therefore there is no need for apology, beside, Elisa is making me a cream to fix the scar," Natasha smiled, the three looked over at her and Elisa smiled.

"I agree with Nat," Elisa said and Wanda nodded as she drank from her cup.

"I know but it still feels necessary," Bucky smiled.