chapter twenty-one: school

Elisa stood in her room, staring in the mirror as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail

Elisa stood in her room, staring in the mirror as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail. It was her first day at MIT. A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts and she walked over to the door and opened it. Tony stood there, a smile on his face.

"First day!" He smiled and Elisa chuckled.

"Yeah yeah," she patted his shoulder, "Don't get too choked up now."

"A father can't be proud of his daughter?" He asked, his arms raised in defense, making Elisa smile wide, walking into his embrace.

"Peters starting school again, so no more missions unless they're for a few hours," Elisa mumbled.

"Well that's gonna be hard," Tony spoke and Elisa looked up, squinting her eyes.

"No more long missions for him," she poked his chest, sighing as she stepped back.

"Well, I'm gonna pack up your breakfast so we have more time to unpack your dorm," he said and Elisa smiled.

"Alright," Elisa answered, looking over at the boxes of stuff in her room, "oh god it's happening."

"Lady Elisa?" She heard Thor and turned to see the god, a small box with a bow in hand.

"Something to remind you of me," Thor smiled and she held it and opened it, a little Mjolnir on a necklace chain.

"Oh Thor this is so pretty!" She whispered and hugged the large god.

"It won't be for long Thor, plus I'll visit on holidays," Elisa smiled and he nodded.

"We shall celebrate together!" Thor announced, making Elisa chuckle. She put on the necklace, setting the box in her bag, wanting to keep it to store necklace.

"Alright," she said and turned to the boxes, using her telekinesis to pick them all up and walk out to the large helicopter. When she set it in the cargo hull, she sighed and pulled her hair up into a bun.

She turned to see Tony walking out to the chopper, the food in a foam takeout box.

"Ready to say goodbye?" He asked and Elisa sighed.

"I don't think I'll ever be, but I have to don't I?" She chuckled and he smiled.

Tony And Elisa walked out to the group standing in the living area, all smiling sadly. They didn't say much, she just gave them each a hug. She sighed as she knew she wouldn't be seeing them for a long time.

"I'm going to miss you guys," she admitted, tears welling up in her eyes and she looked up, wiping them away.

"Don't cry, you can visit anytime!" Steve smiled.

Elisa nodded as she turned to Tony, she could tell he was hiding emotions, he did this anytime something sad happened. Elisa walked over to him, finally accepting the fact this this going to be the last time she saw her family for a while.