chapter eight : an initiative

Elisa stood on the stage, Fury, the world council leaders off to one side and the rest of the Avengers off to the other

Elisa stood on the stage, Fury, the world council leaders off to one side and the rest of the Avengers off to the other. Elisa stood with Steve, the leader of the group with an emblem in his hand. Elisa stood there in her suit. Her feet were shoulder width apart and her hands were clasped behind her back.

The rest of S.H.E.I.L.D. were in the audience and in the back, some broadcasters recorded the event.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you our newest Avenger: Elisa Stark, also known as The Poltergeist, I cant wait to continue to watch her learn and grow and help protect our world," Fury announced and Steve pinned the emblem on her suit.

He gave her a brief hug after and she hugged back, the biggest smile on her face.

"I'm so proud of you," Steve whispered in her ear.

"Thanks Grandpa," she joked and he chuckled, pulling away.

Steve kept an arm around her shoulder and they took photos, smiles going around as the other Avengers came up and stood there with her for the photos. Elisa smiled as she looked at the photographers.

When they were directed off the stage, Elisa looked to Tony who only smiled brightly. She could see the pride in his face.

Elisa smiled at the man she grew to see as a father. She looked back at the rest as they went off to the reception area, they all took seats feelings nostalgic as they spoke of the first time they met Elisa.

"I think my story takes the cake, since I was the first," Tony spoke smugly, as he turned in his seat to get comfortable.

"How did it go again?" Steve asked and Elisa chuckled.

"Well, it's definitely not the first time I saw her, she was invisible in my house for about two months, I thought the place was haunted," Tony said and Elisa chuckled, "then, I came up the stairs to see her in the kitchen looking through my fridge, of course I wasn't the nicest when it came to it but I also was having my food eaten out from under me."

Elisa smiled as Steve laughed.

"Well we're glad he didn't throw you out," Steve spoke to Elisa.

"I am too, it would suck having to run around invisible all over again, although I might have to do it twice as much, those tabloids people are ruthless," she sighed and Tony patted her shoulder.

"You get used to it," he said and Elisa nodded.

The party went on as the heroes went through the nostalgia.

"Wait, Elisa isn't Tony's biological child?" Thor asked and Elisa giggled.

"No, Thor, we tell people that to hide me from social services, I didn't leave them very happy the last run in I had with them," she admitted and Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"What did you do?" She asked and Elisa frowned.

"I used my gifts to talk to their dead relatives and left them haunted forever, it hurt me like a bitch for a month but I was able to get out of the foster home and out of Florida," she sighed.