chapter ten: algebra

After they cleaned up, Elisa and Peter went to Elisa's room, where she brought up a second chair to her desk and put her open book away, also taking her sketchbook and pencils away

"Is that a sketchbook?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, it what I design the suits in," she admitted, showing him the Iron Spider suit she designed months ago.

"You made that?" Peter asked and Elisa nodded.

"Yeah, it took me a long ass time, I didn't have your measurements at the time," she said and set his algebra book on the table along with spare paper.

"Alright, so what was the trouble?" She asked, looking to him and waiting for him to crack.

Elisa knows that he's in the mathletes. And that he has super intelligence.

"Well uh, all of chapter nine isn't really sticking," he said.

Elisa flipped the page and nodded.

"Trigonometric Ratios and Functions," she said and Peter nodded.

Elisa blinked at the questions and rubbed her face. She hasn't had to do that in a long time.

"Peter, I've read your file, I know you have super intelligence, if you want to hang out, just ask," she smiled and Peter blushed.

"Well, uh," Peter said awkwardly and Elisa closed the book and handed it to him, grabbing a pencil and sketching on the spare paper.

Peter put the book away and she stopped and looked up at him.

"Could you draw me?" He asked and Elisa nodded.

"Yeah," she blushed and sat up straight, looking over at Peter and smiled.

"Do you want me to just draw you doing something normal?" She asked and he nodded.

"Just a portrait if it doesn't bother you," Peter said and Elisa looked him up and down, assessing him. She turned to the paper and sketched him out.

Elisa went into her drawer and pulled out her colored pencils, she penciled in the color and shaded and where she could. Elisa looked back at Peter.

"Can I invade your privacy for a second and..." Peter shrugged.

Elisa stood him up and walked him over to the sunlight shining down through her window, she tilted his head and watched the light shine into his iris, the colors of gold and green shining through his eyes.

Elisa smiled and walked away, unaware of the way Peter stared at her as she walked off. She sat down at her desk, coloring in his eyes and blended the colors. When she finished, she turned to Peter who was back in the chair, texting someone on his phone.

"Alright," Elisa chirped and put her signature on it along with the date.

"Wow," Peter spoke in wonder as he held the drawing.

Elisa smiled as he stared at it, finding new things about it to admire and she looked away. Peter looked up at Elisa and smiled.

"This is amazing, can I keep it?" He asked and Elisa nodded.

"Go ahead!" Elisa smiled and Peter nodded, putting it in his binder for when he got home.

"Wanna walk around the base? I still haven't seen the whole thing," Elisa admitted.

"Yeah, that sounds fun," Peter smiled and they got up, walking out of the room, talking about experiences in New York and some of the stuff they've seen.

Elisa smiled as they turned a corner, looking around and looking in windows of rooms to see empty offices and some had meetings.

A door they passed opened and a person peeled their head out.

"Uh, Miss Stark?" The man called out and Elisa turned around.

"Yes?" She said and he gave an awkward smile.

"This hallway has to be quiet since we have a lot of meetings," he said and Elisa widened her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that," She said and grabbed Peter wrist, leaving the hallway and gave the man a polite wave.

Peter didn't say anything, he just stared at the contact they made and smiled as they turned onto a different hallway.

"This is where the Avengers normally go," Elisa explained and they walked out to the garage full of jets and cars.

"Elisa!" Tony called out and she turned around.

"It's time for dinner," he said and looked to Peter and gave a smile.

"Alright," she said and they walked over to Tony, going to the dining room with him.

"So how was training?" Tony asked, mainly directing the question at Peter.

"Elisa works you out," Peter chuckled and Tony nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, she's intense with that, should've warned you about that," Tony admitted and Elisa smiled, looking at Peter.

Peter had a faint smile on his face as they sat down at the table, a couple of the other Avengers were there.

"Hey Peter, didn't expect to see you here," Steve said as he tilted his head.

"I was training with Elisa," he explained and Elisa nodded in agreement.

"The more the merrier!" Steve simply said and Elisa chuckled as they got their plates ready.

"So did you finish that suit we were talking about?" Tony asked Elisa.

"No I've been sidetracked with Fury's new initiative, but since that fell through a bit I'll have to make myself a new schedule to work it out," Elisa answered.

Tony nodded.

"You should be almost done with it huh?" Tony asked again.

"Yeah, it's should take at least one more day, not even that," she said.

"Great!" Tony chirped.

"Whose suit?" Steve asked.

"Just an upgrade for me," Elisa smiled, taking a bite of her food and swallowing.

"So Peter, have you reconsidered MIT?" Tony asked and Peter shrugged.

"I know what i want to do, but I don't know where I want to go," Peter said and Elisa raised an eyebrow as she stared at her plate, not letting Tony know the plans Peter told her at the party.

Elisa looked up to see Natasha staring at her and Elisa noticed her hair.

"How long have you been blonde?" She asked and Nat smiled.

"Not long, I'm about to go undercover, that's why I'm doing it," she responded.

"Well stay safe okay?" Elisa asked for assurance.

"I promise, and when we get back we can go into the city and do something," Nat promised and Elisa smiled.

"Alright!" She chirped and continued to eat.

"Peter do you need a ride home?" Tony asked and Elisa looked at the two.

"I can take him," she pointed out.

"Alright yeah, I bought you a car for a reason," Tony nodded and Elisa chuckled.

She looked around at the people at the table and smiled at the family that was made of it.

She never wanted to let that go.