chapter sixteen: loki

"So, Tony had a kid," Loki spoke as they sat in the questioning room, a quizzical look on his face, "funny, I didn't see you in the tower before

"So, Tony had a kid," Loki spoke as they sat in the questioning room, a quizzical look on his face, "funny, I didn't see you in the tower before."

"I'm adopted, I was in a temporary home during the New York, Uh, incident," Elisa smiled weakly and Loki nodded.

"Well it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Loki smiled.

"You too," Elisa said as she went over the file, raising her brow as she read all the murders he had committed, "Look, I'm not saying it's impossible, it's quite possible, but you have an extremely long kill list."

Loki sighed and nodded, a look of regret on his face.

"You understand that the public is going to hate you for a long time right?" She asked.

"Yes, but if I'm completely honest, I'm here because I want to reconcile with my brother, our fathers death has put me in perspective and I just miss him," Loki said and Elisa gave a weak smile, her heart melting at the mans words.

"Ragnarok has hurt you in many was hasn't it?" She asked and Loki nodded.

"We've lost many good men and women on that planet," Loki sighed, then chuckled, "We always thought I was the odd one out, what you guys would say as 'goth boy' but with my sister being similar to me, it really was Thor."

Elisa thought about it and chuckled.

"Well, Mr. Odinson," Elisa smiled, sticking her hand out for him to shake, "I'm on your side, Thor and Bruce both vouch for you and I value their opinions greatly, would you mind with Wanda searched for your intentions? So the whole team can be a united front for your favor to the public?"

"Of course!" Loki said as he shook her hand and Elisa stood up.

"Alright! Come with me," she said and they walked out of the room.

They walked through the base, Loki looking around the large building, marveling the structure and technology. Elisa led Loki up the stairs to Wanda's room, where other members of the team stood, some were sming, others had a hardened face.

"You all know Loki," Elisa said and Clint looked away.

"Sir Barton," Loki spoke up, catching everyone's name, "I wish for your forgiveness, my actions were beyond uncalled for, and there won't be a day where I won't be haunted by that past me."

"I forgive you," Clint said and Elisa looked to him in shock and joy, Clint looked like he was going to continue but he caught sight of Elisa, who was bubbling with happiness.

"Alright," Wanda spoke and stood up, walking over to the man in Asguardian attire, "may I enter your mind?"

"Yes," Loki spoke and shut his eyes.

Elisa watched as Wanda's aura surrounded Lonis temples, the hairs around the area lifted and floated around. Wanda stopped and took a breath, a smile slowly appearing on her face. She turned to the team.

"He's good," she said and Thor, Bruce and Elisa broke out in smiles.

The rest of the team nodded, letting the information set and looked between them and Elisa. She walked over to Thor, Bruce and Loki, discussing different ways to make the public accept Loki.

"Brunnehilde should join the team, and I think we should bring back the revengers," Thor said and Elisa quirked a brow.

"The Revengers?" Elisa asked.

"A team I formed on Sakaar when we started the revolution and escaped to stop Hela," Thor explained.

Elisa looked up and looked at the spot where his eye used to be.

"I have to say, this new look is good on you!" Elisa smiled and Thor smiled back.

"Thank you, Lady Elisa," Thor nodded, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"I've caught wind of a small team you've form with a man spider?" He asked and Elisa blushed at the thought of Peter.

"Uh, yeah, Next Gen, his masked name is Spider-Man by the way, but you're thinking of Peter Parker," Elisa explained and Bruce and Thor nodded.

"When can we meet him?" Bruce asked, crossing his arms as he stared her down.

"Tomorrow morning, we train almost everyday since he's on a break from school," Elisa smiled and they nodded.

"Great! We'll meet the man tomorrow!" Thor cheered and Elisa chuckled.

"Go easy on him, he's loved you guys for about half his life now," Elisa smiled and Thor nodded.

"Anything for you, Lady Elisa," Thor spoke, giving her tight hug and pulling away.

"I missed you guys," Elisa admitted, sighing as she looked out the window to see large tents covering the lawn area of the base.

"Yes, well I can promise you I will not be visiting any strange planets for a long time," Bruce spoke up and Natasha walked over.

"Well I hope not," Natasha spoke and Elisa smirked, pulling Loki and Thor away to spiral with someone else.

"Pfft, he only cares about his PhDs, can his PhDs do this?" Thor asked and flexed a bicep, muscles bulging everywhere.

"Jesus there are muscles I didn't even know exist," Elisa spoke as Wanda walked over, a light laugh on her lips.

"You two should show Loki to his room," Wanda smiled and Elisa nodded.

"Okay!" Elisa said and they walked out and went down the hall.

"Well, you'll be in the room that was meant for Peter but he turned down," Elisa explained to Loki and he grew confused.

"Turned down?" He asked.

"Yeah, a while ago he did some really heroic stuff and Tony asked if he wanted to become an Avenger, which meant he'd leave his home town and live here, Peter decided to stay and protect that area but he does small things that Tony asks him to do," Elisa explained, "the room though is conveniently between mine and Thor's so if you need anything you have two open doors on both sides."

Loki smiled and nodded as Elisa opens the door to the plain white and grey room. He nodded and stepped in a don looked around.

"This is lovely, thank you," Loki smiled.

"Alright, well I'm off, Thor can take over I hope," Elisa looked up the god and he nodded.

"Of course, have fun!" Thor smiled and Leiss smiled back, walking off to her painting room.

She noticed that her painting of Wade and Vanessa was gone, where she assumed it was off to their apartment. Elisa smiled and started off with her new painting, getting her canvas and paints ready, she went back to her routine.